Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cupcake Nails & Some New Camera Shots

birthday cupcake nails

I got a new toy for my birthday - the Nikon D7000! I'm so excited but also a bit overwhelmed - it will take some time to get comfortable using it and I still have a lot to learn. This camera has so much more to it than the D40 (the camera I've been using) and I'm able to change settings that I didn't even know could be changed.

Here are some pictures my boyfriend and I took around the city last weekend to try it out!

birthday bow

Laduree macarons

sushi
birthday lunch <3

Sheep Meadow
I totally faux-HDR'd this one...

Central Park Mall
The Mall was closed - bummer - but we got this cool picture!

I haven't yet figured out how best to set it up for swatching. While I have been shooting with the D40 all on manual settings, believe it or not, it's not as easy as just setting everything the same! Here's my first D7000 swatch and a close up of my cupcake manicure:

birthday cupcake nails

The polishes I used were from the Kiss Marbelizing set (link!). The white glitter is Cirque Galinda and the rhinestone heart is from Bundle Monster (all received for review).

Looking forward to playing more and sharing more pictures around the city with you :)

Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

21 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!Your nails look so pretty and bright! I'm looking forward to more pictures with your new camera! :)

    Oh, and by the way- I REALLY like your shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) My shirt is from H&M! It's all sequins-y!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks it was my first attempt! They weren't that hard actually!

      Delete
  3. So cute nails & the macarones looks delicious <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. + love your shirt in the first picture <33

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! And I love the first picture!! cute nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you!!! I can't wait to upgrade my camera as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This mani is so cute! Tried a cupcake-mani myself last year, yours is so much better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! It wasn't too hard lol, there's lots of room for error lol

      Delete
  8. Happy belated birthday, great pictures and a lovely manicure ♥.

    ReplyDelete