Sunday, June 9, 2013

Cirque Arcus Collection Part 2: Electric Circus, Kaleidoscope, Le Invader, Lullaby, Magic Hour, and Iris

Cirque Arcus Collection
Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

Inspired by hues of the rainbow, The Arcus Collection consists of 12 brightly-colored nail lacquers just in time for the summer. The first half of the collection explores the primary and secondary colors of the spectrum in variety of finishes from a fiery holographic red to a regal purple micro-glitter. The second half of the collection focuses on multi-colored “toppers”, such as whimsical squares, punchy neons and polychromatic sparkles, designed to be used over existing colors.

Cirque's much anticipated third collection released almost a year to the day since the debut Dark Horse collection is all about color. Consisting of polishes that use brightly colored pigments, iridescent particles, and holographic effects, the twelve new nail polishes in the Arcus collection celebrate the rainbow in a few different ways. In this post, I'll be reviewing the six glitter top coat polishes of the collection: Electric Circus, Kaleidoscope, Le Invader, Lullaby, Magic Hour, and Iris (here is my review of Vesuvius, Sanguine, Helios, Erda, Bejeweled, and Queen Majesty).

Cirque Arcus Collection


Electric Circus



Electric Circus is a satin glitter concoction made of red, blue, and lime green hexagonal glitters in two sizes. My ever observant boyfriend thinks this one looks like a color blind test ;) The application was great - the satin glitter bits apply evenly and plentiful with just one coat. I'm wearing one coat of Electric Circus over CND Asphalt with Gelous over top to smooth out the glitter.

Cirque Electric Circus


Kaleidoscope



Kaleidoscope is a satin rainbow glitter made up of over (30) different glitter bits. To name a few, there are hexagons, triangles, squares, and diamonds. Kaleidoscope is full of surprises - I even found a weird squiggly shaped piece! While I had no trouble with the application or formula, the pieces apply somewhat sparsely. I'm wearing (2) coats of Kaleidoscope over Wet & Wild Black Creme. I absolutely am crazy about this polish!


Cirque Kaleidoscope


Le Invader



Le Invader is a jewel toned metallic square glitter party. The squares are all the same size. The formula is thick but not sticky and the plentiful glitter transfers to the nail decently. I just needed to do a little bit of rearranging to evenly space the pieces out. The metallic glitter appears to be curling like the dreaded "taco glitter", but fortunately this is just an illusion. The glitter is not lifting off the nail. I know this look might not be everyone's cup of tea, but Cilucia wrote a great post about "reflective curling" here if you're interested. I'm wearing one coat of Le Invader over Wet & Wild Black Creme.

Cirque Le Invader


Lullaby



Lullaby is a perfectly named pastel satin glitter polish. Silver, pink, purple, and seafoam green squares & hexagons in several sizes (and a few stars!) are suspended in a clear base. Lullaby is so unique and excellent - it's a really sophisticated glitter, don't you think? Aside from the elusive star pieces, the glitter comes out easily. The pieces slide around a bit on the nail and need some rearranging to get them into place. I'm wearing (1) coat of Lullaby over Essie Smokin' Hot.

Cirque Lullaby


Magic Hour



Magic Hour is an iridescent "Easter grass" glitter concoction. The shapes include hexagons, squares, and bar glitter. The clear base felt very thick and glue-like and while plenty of iridescent bits came out on the brush, they did not want to transfer to my nails. I found it best to implement the "dab & place" method as opposed to traditional long brush strokes. I'm wearing one coat of Magic Hour over OPI Do You Lilac It?

Cirque Magic Hour


Iris



Iris is beautiful fine iridescent glitter top coat. The iridescent colors were very difficult to capture in these photographs but in real life it they are much more noticeable. I'm embarrassed for making this reference, but this effect is kind of like in Twilight when Edward steps into the sun. DON'T JUDGE ME. Iris has a great formula and covers evenly in just one coat. You really should have a polish like this around because it can transform any cream color into a lovely shimmery sugary polish without altering the base color. I'm wearing one coat of Iris over China Glaze Dance Baby.

Cirque Iris

Can you see the shimmer better in this picture?

Cirque Iris

What colors would you layer these polishes over? Which ones are going on your wish list?

Cirque polishes can be purchased online: http://www.cirquecolors.com/arcus-collection/. Electric Circus, Kaleidoscope, Le Invader, Lullaby, Magic Hour, and Iris retail for $13. In New York City, you can purchase the Arcus collection and Cirque polishes at International Playground (13 Stanton St).

About Cirque
Creator, Annie Pham, sought to develop nail polish colors that transcend those of conventional brands. By experimenting with unique pigments and raw materials, a distinctive handcrafted product was born. Cirque products are 3-free, which means it does not contain the toxic trio of toluene, formaldehyde and dibutyl phthalate. They are also scented with lavender and clary sage essential oils to lend hands a subtle scent as the polish dries.

For more information about Cirque, please contact: info@cirquecolors.com. Be sure to check out Cirque's Facebook page for news and updates.

Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

30 comments:

  1. Gorgeous glitters! I'd love to have them all! Cirque keeps surprising us with new great shades :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swatches ♥ Like the previous ones, this collection from Cirque is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hoping to see you rock some of these shades soon!

      Delete
  3. First of all..Happy Birthday!! Then, I´m loving more and more this Cirque Polishes. Great swatches and beautiful glitters! My favs are Kaleidoscope, Electric Circus and Le Invader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie :) I like your picks too!

      Delete
  4. I love Electric Circus and Lullaby, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are so unique, I sure don't have anything remotely close to either!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to pick up my glitters from my mail box! I got Lullaby (which I am most excited about!) and Electric Circus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to know what you layer them over!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Annie did a great job with this collection :)

      Delete
  7. Lullaby and Magic hour are definitely my favourites! Amazing *__*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both such pretty and somewhat subtle glitters :)

      Delete
  8. I love these! I have the other part of this collection and I'm excited for these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to hear how you wear them!

      Delete
  9. ooooooh :D Love Cirque glitters, somehow amy keeps on coming up with new great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie just keeps creating amazing polishes!

      Delete
  10. I love Circus! What a fun mix of glitters and colors! Great pairings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them! It was hard not to just default by layering everything over black :)

      Delete
  11. Kaleidoscope is AMAZING! Totally just added that to my wishlist, along with Lullaby, haha!
    Beautiful swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great picks for your wishlist ;) Would love to know what you'd layer them over!

      Delete
  12. Whoa! I know I need another glitter topper like I need a hole in my head but this half of the Arcus collection is AMAZING! I love, love Kaleidascope and Lullaby. I still also need to get XX though, hah! Such a slacker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo you DO need XX lol!!! Would love to see what you layer it over :)

      Delete
  13. How was the dry time on these? I have a couple of glitters that just won't dry properly, even with a quick dry top coat over top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I don't recall, I didn't take notes on the dry time :/ I'd say that it's easy to apply too thick of a coat of the glitters like Queen Majesty and Lapis, in an attempt to try to get more glitter on the nail with each coat, so they may be candidates for tough dry-ers, but more so because of application... if that makes sense! Sometimes I want to layer on a ton of polish on just to get an opaque glitter finish and then realize the layers underneath haven't completely dried, and now I have a squishy mess on my hands (literally). Going with thinner coats is not a bad idea, although it might be the longer route, aaand I'm probably not telling you anything new there lol!!!

      Delete
  14. Kaleidoscope is so unique withing all rainbow toppers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looove Kaleidoscope (although I don't think it's dethroned XX...)

      Delete