Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My Birchbloggers Win! Jouer Body Butter and Signature Fragrance Rollerball


Taking a small detour from nail polish today... I've been spending a ton of time working on reviews (PixieDust polishes will be on the blog later this week!), the spring trends post, and I still have fashion week pictures and fashion week inspired manicures to share... but today I want to talk about two products I recently won that have worked their way into my daily routine.

One night after a crazy long day I opened an email from Birchbloggers (the Birchbox blogger network - sign up here) and read about the chance to win some Jouer goodies by sending a Tweet. In my sleepy state, I managed to string together the correct hashtags and words and hit send. What do you know, I won, and that's how these products came into my life! Moral of the story... if I can win something, so can you :)


Jouer Signature Fragrance Rollerball


Bursting with heady notes of jasmine, Jouer’s signature scent has the ability to instantly lift our spirits. A single whiff conjures up images of fragrant botanical gardens. A Birchbox exclusive, this slim retro-inspired rollerball makes a beautiful addition to your purse or vanity. [Source]




This is one powerful little rollerball! The Jouer Signature Fragrance smells exactly like flowers. Not "similar to" or "inspired by", but real flowers. The main scents are jasmine, gardenia, and honeysuckle - I'm no expert, but I found honeysuckle to be more prominent. It's not too overpowering and the rollerball applicator is perfect for controlling intensity - sometimes you just want to wear a little, and sometimes you want a lot! The consistency was a bit oily and it did take a minute to absorb into my skin, but it lasted a good 3-4 hours. I think a lot of it rubbed off on my coat sleeves and scarf though :) I know fragrance preferences will vary, but I personally love this scent. For reference, my go-to fragrances are Marc Jacobs Daisy and small amounts of the original Juicy Couture. At $42, this little guy isn't cheap but the scent is just so fantastic that I might need to repurchase it. Link!


Jouer Body Butter $32


We pay plenty of attention to the skin on our face, but often forget about the rest of our body. This intensely hydrating butter is exactly what your limbs need. The formula is loaded with naturally nourishing ingredients like shea butter, jojoba, and coconut oil, and sinks in quickly to rehydrate skin. Thanks to the subtle blend of gardenia, jasmine, and honeysuckle scents, you’ll smell as good as you feel. [Source]


The Jouer Body Butter has the same amazing floral fragrance as the rollerball. It's not the thickest or most hydrating body butter I've ever tried, but I love how well it absorbs and leaves my skin feeling soft and not at all greasy. At $32, this is an expensive indulgence and at 3.32 oz, it's far from value sized. If you're seeking a practical and economical body butter to get the job done, this might not be the product for you. This is more of a luxury product to use on occasion. Link!

Have you ever won anything by sending a Tweet? I'd love to know! And if you haven't... it's totally possible :) Thanks, Birchbloggers, for this awesome prize.

PS - are you a blogger? You might want to sign up to receive emails from Birchbloggers, that's where I heard about this giveaway opportunity. http://birch.ly/U3IueA

I won these products. Read my disclosure policy here.

4 comments:

  1. Hi dee ho Gorgeous! Joeur is one of the best kept beauty secrets!
    It’s not hump day-nor the weekend-it’s that quasi odd spot of the week where leftovers for dinner are a given. Hope this finds you doing awesome-and if not, buck up lil camper because tomorrow is a brand new day!
    Ciao ciao for now!
    Cherelynn
    P.S. I’m doing a free webinar for beauty consultants, if you know an Avon, Arbonne or MaryKay lady who could use more sales and bridal clients, would you share this link? Thanks!
    Visit http://makeupuniversity.blogspot.com/2013/02/free-webinar-how-to-build-your-bridal_23.html


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to have tried it, it's a great product - I just wish the body butter were a bit larger :/

      Delete
  2. Sounds interesting. I really adore the floral fragrance. But would definitely love to try this line.

    -UncommonScents.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's def a "splurge" kind of product but the scent is something special for sure :)

      Delete