Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Reservoir, Central Park & Reservoir by étoile

 

The Central Park Reservoir is one of Central Park's awesome sights to behold. This man-made structure holds over a billion gallons of water and was once New York City's water supply. There is a mile and a half track around the Reservoir that is great to walk or run - it's quite the escape right in the middle of Manhattan.





I had to see how the color of étoile's nail polish Reservoir from the Winter in Central Park collection compared. I think the desaturated blue is captured perfectly in the polish, especially on this overcast day.



Full review of Reservoir (the polish) found here. See more pictures...







 



Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful pictures, and you're so right--the greyish blue of this polish suits the scenery just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! Etoile captured the inspiration perfectly :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, how pretty! Great pics!!! I love that you took the polish back to its origin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been over that way in a while, it was a good excuse to visit!

      Delete
  3. I love the juxtaposition of the polish with the scenery. So creative and beautiful! Amazing pictures. You make me want to visit New York NOW! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks :) Glad to share a little bit of the city here!

      Delete
  4. Um...why are your pictures always so gorgeous? x) I absolutely love the one with your nails against the skyline. It reminds me of your blog banner. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! Haha yes it does look like my banner, minus the skyscraper polishes lol

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Adiel! The sky was super weird/awesome that day :)

      Delete
  6. The skyline looks breathtakingly beautiful in the fog/moist how do you call it.... It makes a true nailpolish addict to wear a polish matching with the scenery :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pictures so much! Really need to visit New York sometime..

    ReplyDelete