Monday, December 31, 2012

Top 10 Nail Polishes of 2012


Wasn't 2012 a great year for polishes? Creating a top 10 list was a bit of a challenge, but after thoughtful consideration, I present you with my favorite polishes of 2012. The polishes I selected are truly favorites, meaning colors I wore over and over, and are not necessarily the most unique or "game changing" polishes of 2012. Simply put, these are the ones I just adore wearing :)

10. Zoya Toni

All of the creams in Zoya's fall Designer collection are equally amazing and could share this spot on the list, but Toni was the one color in particular I reached for over and over again last fall.


9. Sephora X Chaotic

Black & white "glitter" polish is nothing new, but Chaotic is my first! Not only does it look random and fun, the formula of Chaotic is great. Full review to come.

shown over China Glaze For Audrey

8. Cirque Fascination Street

In 2012, Cirque burst onto the indie nail polish scene with the blurple holo Fascination Street leading the way and grabbing the attention of nail polish lovers everywhere, including mine. I can't wait to see what Annie will create in 2013!


7. Color Club & Birchbox Insta-This

Creamy, vivid blue? Yes, please! There are a few like it out there (Nails Inc Baker St, YSL Bleu Majorelle), but this is the one I picked up in 2012. And I LOVE it!


6. Essie Olé Caliente

Olé Caliente was right on trend with Pantone's color of the year Tangerine Tango, but trends aside, I just love wearing this color on my nails. The formula is great and I wore this polish many times last summer, and will surely be wearing it for summers to come.


5. Zoya Logan

While the holos Aurora, Storm, and Blaze were all the talk of Zoya's Ornate holiday collection (and were very close to making this list), I actually fell in love with the magical mermaid-y Logan.


4. Color Club Blue Heaven

Not only is Blue Heaven a super intense holo, but the formula is perfect. I hope that Color Club has more holo polishes in store for 2013!


3. Cirque XX

This color-shifting glitter top coat is made up of a magical assortment of shapes and sizes. If you only get one polish from the Objet D'Art collection, make it XX.


2. butter LONDON Jack the Lad

Well what do you know! There are two green polishes on my Top 10 list, and I'm not even a die-hard green nail polish fan :) But Jack the Lad is so complex and spectacular... and the way the shimmer dazzles on the nail... LOVE!


1. OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest

The mysteriously wonderful polish Every Month is Oktoberfest is the one polish of 2012 I wanted to put back on the minute I took it off. Is it the most interesting? No. The most unique? No. But I wore it over and over, on my fingers and my toes, and just love the way it looks. If ever stranded on a desert island, this is one polish I'd want to have with me. This is my kind of polish ;)


Here are some polishes that just missed the top 10 (in no order). Also amazing polishes... see how hard this was? See these and even more 2012 favorites over on my Pinterest board!

Cirque Au - full review
Cirque Planet Caravan - full review
Butter Toff - full review
GAP Gold Rush - full review
Zoya AuroraStorm, and Blaze (how could I pick just one?) - full review

I can't wait to see what 2013 brings us for nail polish! Just for fun... here are my 2011 favorites :)

What were your favorite nail polishes of 2012? How many of my picks made your list?

Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

22 comments:

  1. Great Top Ten...that Color Club Birch Box is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the list :) It's SUCH a stunning blue!

      Delete
  2. Awesome choices!!! They all look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Birchbox one as well! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm having lots of fun with Chaotic and will have a full review soon!

      Delete
  5. This is a very nice post. It's not always the most jaw-dropping stuff that we want to reach for again and again. Everyone needs a good comfort polish, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that term "comfort polish"! That's so right on!

      Delete
  6. Great top10! I love all the polishes you chose, and I'm quite curious to see a review on that Sephora glitter *-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elsa, I have been playing with Chaotic quite a bit - it just looks great over pretty much everything :)

      Delete
  7. Zoya Logan ♥ Butter LONDON Jack the Lad ♥ both look amazeballs on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - something about this shade of green really agrees with me :)

      Delete
  8. The 9th polish, the Sephora looks like one of the China Glaze, Cirque du Soleil collections polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be thinking of Whirled Away! They are both black and white glitters, but not the same. From what I've read Whirled Away is difficult to apply, and fortunately Chaotic has an awesome formula.

      Delete
  9. wow! great post. i have "logan" "xx" and "blue heaven", and i totally agree with you. i love all of them! zoya's "logan" was also my fave of the ornate collection (storm, a close second)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have similar taste in polishes :) Logan was such a wonderful surprise!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. It's everything we all love about OPI's creations!

      Delete