Sunday, November 18, 2012

Cirque Objet d'Art Collection Part 1: Book of Shadows, Cape Liz, Curiosity, Cypress, Lonesome George, and Planet Caravan


The sophomore collection from New York City based nail polish line Cirque is nothing short of amazing. If you're not familiar with the brand, Cirque is an artisanal line of hand-blended nail polish made in New York by Annie Pham. The premiere Dark Horse collection received high praise from nail polish lovers around the world and established Cirque as a breakout independent brand to watch. When I heard Annie was creating a new collection, I could not wait to see what she would come up with next!
Cirque’s sophomore release, Objet d’Art, consists of 11 opulent colors that exude luxury and decadence. Inspired by works of art, such as Hirst’s “For the Love of God” and McQueen’s “Savage Beauty” exhibition, the collection features a multitude of finishes from vibrant micro glitters to sparkling neutrals, all suited to creating an art piece on one’s own canvas.
For the Objet d'Art collection, Annie created eleven new polishes! In this post, I will review Book of Shadows, Cape Liz, Curiosity, Cypress, Lonesome George, and Planet Caravan. A few of the polishes dried matte and were photographed with butter LONDON Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat, which I will note.

Book of Shadows


Book of Shadows is a metallic lavender with a bright foil finish that doesn't show any brush strokes. The formula was on the thin side and I used (3) coats. I love this look - it's a really flattering shade and a great alternative to a true silver foil.



Cape Liz


Cape Liz is a stormy desaturated sky blue with pink, blue, and icy white iridescent shimmer (which was difficult to photograph). I love how the flecks appear frozen in the polish and add elegance. The formula was thick but not opaque. I used (3) coats here as the light box was a bit unforgiving, but in real life I would wear (2). Shown with topcoat.




Curiosity


Curiosity is a bright cherry red with golden flecks. On the nail, the flecks appear less gold and instead look like glassy red flecks. This was quite pigmented and I used (2) coats. Curiosity dries almost to a matte finish and I used (2) coats of topcoat to add shine and smooth out some of the bumpy flecks.



Cypress


Cypress is a rosy-peach holo that glows from within. I think this is most intense holo of Cirque's holo polishes! The formula was thin and I used (3) coats. Cypress would look lovely on ladies with cooler skin tones - with my coloring, I felt it accentuated out the redness in my fingers.


 
Cypress, direct sunlight

This photo taken in the sun is the most color accurate swatch:



Lonesome George


Lonesome George is a leafy green ("Jungle Green", in Crayola crayon-terms) holo. This one was quite pigmented and I was pleased with the results after (2) coats. The holo isn't as strong as Cypress but still adds a lovely effect. Green holo nail polish seems to have a cult following and I think the fan base will love Lonesome George! Shown with topcoat.


Lonesome George, direct sunlight


Planet Caravan


*GASP!!!* Planet Caravan is a magical (dare I say... psychedelic?) polish with large pinky-purple duo-chrome flecks that flash orange in a deep purple base. I was very happy that this polish looks as wonderful on the nail as it does in the bottle. The formula was great and I used (2) coats. Planet Caravan dries to just about a completely matte finish and is shown here with topcoat.




Here is a close up shot of these six polish bottles:


And that's not all - here are FIVE more polishes in the Objet d'Art collection! Update: click here for part 2. Are any of these polishes going on your wish list?

Cirque polishes can be purchased online: http://www.cirquecolors.com/objet-dart-collection/Book of ShadowsCape LizCuriosity, and Planet Caravan retail for $13. Cypress and Lonesome George (the holos) retail for $15.

About Cirque
Creator, Annie Pham, sought to develop nail polish colors that transcend those of conventional brands. By experimenting with unique pigments and raw materials, a distinctive handcrafted product was born. Cirque products are 3-free, which means it does not contain the toxic trio of toluene, formaldehyde and dibutyl phthalate. They are also scented with lavender and clary sage essential oils to lend hands a subtle scent as the polish dries.

For more information about Cirque, please contact: info@cirquecolors.com.

Be sure to check out Cirque's Facebook page for news and updates.

Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are! I can't wait to show you part 2 :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful swatches! I am wearing Cape Liz now and it's so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Colors, bottles and swatches:)
    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara! I tried my best to show them in all their wonderfulness!

      Delete
  4. Lovely !! Lonesome George is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Annie really does an awesome job on her polishes! I'm loving Lonesome George best of all!! Is Planet Caravan anything like Hard Candy Beetle/Orly Space Cadet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *runs to get Beetle* Beetle is more pink and a solid color. Planet Caravan has those awesome flecks going on. I don't have Space Cadet but from what I could tell, it seems that it flashes green? But it also doesn't have the same fleck particles that Planet Caravan does.

      Delete
  6. Lovely! Love when you show us city shots - love when you tell us of all the great places with deals in NYC (I can dream)...and love when you show us swatches - this is a stunning collection of shades. It's so great we are seeing so much color this winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the collections this winter are certainly colorful and very different from each other. What I love about this collection though is that it isn't really a seasonal collection, but instead a collection of new and unique polishes. I think you're going to like the posts I have coming up - they are FULL of NYC goodness!!!

      Delete
  7. Lonesome George is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the all, I can't choose !! And love your swatch ! Thanks a lot ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I am so flattered!!!! I can't WAIT to see your swatches :)

      Delete
  9. These are stunning. The holo effect of Cypress is beautiful! Also really liked Planet Caravan, also liked Hellbore from this collection... Looking forward to p.2 ! I'd love to add some cirque colors to my polish collection. It's rather small, but these independent brands like cirque are so worth having! Really creative and unique. Your swatches are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just posted part 2 :) You said it, Cirque is both creative and unique. Each color really is something special.

      Delete
  10. I like Curiosity, but I am not so amazed by this collection. I liked the one before more! great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure to check out the part 2 post... you may find something you like there :)

      Delete
  11. These are so gorgeous! I really need to get some of her polishes already! Great swatches Amy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carly! You totally should try them, I know you've seen many, many polishes but I think you still will find Cirque's polishes unique :)

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Great picks :) Would love to see them on you!

      Delete