Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Spotted: Revlon's Holiday 2012 Nail Polishes "Just Add Sparkle"

 

Today I came across Revlon's Holiday nail polish display at Bed Bath & Beyond and Tweeted these pictures. I came home and wanted to read more about this collection, but couldn't find ANYTHING about it, so here you have a (really low quality) first look at this collection :)

I usual snap a picture of the names of the polishes, but really wasn't planning on posting this and figured someone would have information about them. So if you know the names, please let me know and I'll update!

UPDATE: Thanks to reader Dollhouse, the polishes are:

The black/blue is Midnight Sparkle.
The purple/bar is Brilliant Bordeaux.
The gold is Sequins.
The red/bar is Ruby Ribbon (I'm 95% sure).

Thanks, Dollhouse!!!



Top: shimmery magenta with holo bar glitter
Bottom: inky blue jelly with large blue glitter (similar in idea to Revlon's Facets of Fuchsia)

Top: shimmer purple with holo bar glitter
Bottom: large and small gold glitter (also ala Facets of Fuchsia)

Quite a nice little collection, don't you think?

19 comments:

  1. I don't need anymore gold glitter in my stash,but the others are very nice,especially the ones with bar glitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the bar glitter is different for Revlon, isn't it!

      Delete
  2. uh oh...I think I'm gonna need the blue one and the gold one!! Facets of Fuchsia is one of my fave polishes ever and I kinda need it in more colors! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black/blue is Midnight Sparkle.
    The purple/bar is Brilliant Bordeaux.
    The gold is Sequins.
    The red/bar is Ruby Ribbon (I'm 95% sure).

    Saw the same collection at CVS in CT about an hour ago and bought Midnight Sparkle & Brilliant Bordeaux. Came home to Google the collection and have found nothing online except this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! I've updated this post with the names. I REALLY appreciate it! Isn't it funny how we come home and look up collections we find now? :)

      Delete
    2. You're very welcome! It is such a habit. I hate having to remove a perfectly good mani to swatch colours if I know I can just Google them.

      Delete
  4. The blue one is called "Midnight Sparkle". I bought it thinking it would be a good dupe for Deborah Lippman "Lady Sings the Blues" (which I don't own, but I've tried on), but I was kind of disappointed. I think the Revlon base is more opaque than I remember it being in the Lippman, and the glitter kind of gets lost in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes you're right, it is similar to Lady Sings the Blues! The color is pretty much right on.

      Delete
  5. I think I like the blue and the gold one! Can't wait to see them in stores here too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The big/little glitter trend is lots of fun!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. This collection def made me take another look! Lately I've been feeling meh about drug store collections, but this one caught my eye ;)

      Delete
  7. Ohh I so need the midnight sparkle. Which bbb did u see these in? Please day Chelsea....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw nope I saw this at the UES :/ but maybe Chelsea has it too?

      Delete
  8. love itttt! I hope Canada gets them soon :) I hope the glitters stick! haha
    Grace
    ouihui.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crossing my fingers that you find them :)

      Delete
  9. I searched for this and when I found it, instantly bought all four polishes...can't wait to try them out! I really want to try the glosses and eye shadows too, but couldn't justify them yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay!!! Glad to hear you found them!

      Delete