Sunday, October 7, 2012

Birchbox & Color Club Exclusive Nail Polish Collection


One the most exciting products offered at the Birchbox Sample Stop was an exclusive collection of Color Club polishes!

If you update your polish nearly as often as you check your Twitter feed, you’re not alone. We designed this share-worthy custom collection with Color Club for all the social media addicts out there. You’ll be inspired to tweet, pin, tag, and post these four gorgeous shades with your followers.

Insta-This


If you read no further, just believe me and head over to Birchbox and buy this color. Insta-This is so full of win - it is a bright, vivid, and electric blue. This polish is in the same vein as RBL IKB or Revlon Royal but appears to be even brighter. At first, the formula was quite dreadful and applied patchy. But this inconsistency must have been because the little samples sized bottles are hard to shake up as the formula improved immensely as I polished each nail. I used only two coats and found that the color darkened slightly when dry. I am crazy in love with Insta-This and it has easily has secured a spot on my top 10 of 2012 list.

two coats of Insta-This

Tweet Me


Like Insta-This, at first the formula of Tweet Me was thick and streaky but improved after a really good shake. This chartreuse polish is cute but there are similar polishes out there. Tweet Me is a lovely option if this kind of yellowy-green shade is missing from your polish collection. This probably isn't a color your would wear all the time - if you already have OPI Did It On 'Em, OCC Wasabi, or either of the greens from OPI's Shrek collection, you probably don't need Tweet Me.


two coats of Tweet Me

Put a Pin In It


Put a Pin In It is a lovely rose gold foil. This polish isn't streaky and because it is almost a one-coater, Put a Pin In It will be great for stamping. Even though it is a shiny foil, I think it could pass as a work-appropriate neutral as the pinky tones keep it from looking as bold as a bright white silver polish. I do wish it was called "I Find You P-Interesting" instead ;)


two coats of Put a Pin In It

Insta-This and Tweet Me were made for each other. A polka dot design with these two colors ended up looking like a dino egg manicure. You don't need any fancy tools to make dots. I made my polka dots by dipping the end of a small paint brush into my nail polish brush to pick up a little color and then gently made dots on my nails. I've heard that bobby pin heads and pencil tips are also adequate. It's not that I'm opposed to dotting tools - I just don't have any :)


The Birchbox & Color Club Exclusive Polishes are available now for $8 (and free shipping) online.

Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

2 comments:

  1. I WANT that blue! All of them really, but THAT BLUE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you said it! It's such a seriously amazing blue!!!

      Delete