Sunday, September 30, 2012

CIRQUE Neko Over Green and Pink

A polish like Neko, the black shard top coat from CIRQUE's All Hallow's Eve collection, is great to have in your arsenal because the random pieces of shredded black glitter can completely transform a manicure. I have been having fun layering Neko and wanted to share two of my favorite creations (so far) with you.

Neko over Cult Nails Deal With It is Halloween perfection! The black shards are a great contrast to the glowing green polish reminisce of childhood icons such as the Ninja Turtles ooze, Nickelodeon slime, Ecto Cooler, or anything radioactive on The Simpsons. Now you all know how old I am ;)


Take the innocent and preppy pink OPI Shorts Story (one of my all time favorite polishes). Add one coat of Neko and BAM! now you have an edgy punk-rock manicure Avril Lavigne would approve of.


I swatched Neko over Kabocha and have some glow-in-the-dark swatches here.

For best results, try plopping a glob of Neko in the middle of your nail and then do some rearranging with your brush instead of traditionally painting it on. Like glitter polish, these black shards are tough to remove. A manicure with Neko would be a good candidate for a DIY glue base coat. Do take care when wearing Neko as stray shards may stick up and could catch on a sweater or any fabric that pulls easily.

Both Neko and it's All Hallow's Eve counterpart Kabocha are now sold out, but you still have a chance to win both polishes here :) I also encourage you to check out the rest of the CIRQUE lineup here.

Did you grab Neko before it sold out? What have you worn it over?

Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I love both of these looks! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally fun :) I got a compliment from a complete stranger when I wore the pink manicure out!

      Delete
  2. They look amazing! I'm sure you've heard this already but Neko looks completely like Icing Shredded. I picked that one up on sale a few weeks ago and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's right! I did hear that from another reader but totally forgot :) Have fun with it, glad to know there is another option since Neko is sold out!!!

      Delete