Friday, September 28, 2012

butter LONDON Toff LIPPY & Lacquer

"The matchy-matchy lip and nail trend is here to stay!  Inspired by the high-impact lips seen on the catwalks this season, the LIPPY A/W ‘12 collection includes bold pops of color, chic nudes and a vampy hue.  The shades are rich and highly pigmented for a look that’s luxe and perfectly on trend!"
When it comes to polish, I have an aversion to wearing the same polish on fingers and toes. But matching polish and lip color? Yes, please!

I love the idea of transforming Butter polishes into lip products. We know Butter makes fabulous nail polish, but I wondered what kind of lip product they would create? While the packaging is sleek and classy, honestly, my expectations were not very high - I thought LIPPY could possibly be a low quality and somewhat gimmicky product. I am very happy to report that my speculations couldn't have been more wrong!

Lippy


I tried Butter's LIPPY in Toff, a dusty mauve shade eponymous of the lacquer. Immediately I noticed the lovely sweet vanilla scent - it isn't overpowering and doesn't linger. LIPPYs are not flavored. The consistency is thick and not sticky and the wand has a doe foot applicator on the end.

Toff gave my lips a decent wash of color with better coverage than I expected. I'm actually quite self conscious about wearing color on my lips - silly, I know, and I'm working on that. But Toff is such a great shade and I've been confidently wearing it at work for over a week now. This is the kind of shade that enhances my lip color while still looking natural. Toff wears longer than the other lip glosses I keep in my work bag and doesn't disappear moments after I put it on.


While this is my first time trying one of Butter's LIPPY products, I understand that the formula and scent of the A/W LIPPY collection has been vastly improved from the initial collection. You may want to consider giving the LIPPYs another chance if you were disappointed previously. Jessika from Polish Insomniac wrote a great review about the old and new formulas here!

Lacquer


Toff the lacquer is a fantastic fall shade perfect in two coats. This lovely mauve cream polish is sophisticated and has impressive lasting power - I wore Toff for a whole week with better than average signs of wear.


While not true dupes, Toff the polish is very close in color to Toff the LIPPY. Toff the LIPPY is slightly lighter, less purple, and more nude.


Have you tried a butter LONDON LIPPY yet? What polish would you like to see as a lip product?

The Autumn/Winter LIPPY collection includes Toff, Come To Bed Red, Tea With the Queen, La Moss, and Queen Vic. LIPPY products do not contain parabens, petroleum, phthalates, sulphates or bismuth. LIPPYs retail for $17 and butter LONDON polishes retail for $14.

In New York City, my favorite retailers of Butter products are C.O. Bigelow, Ricky's, and now Henri Bendel. There are many more! Here is a list of retailers in New York City that carry Butter nail polish.

Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

8 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous fall color! It's beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both! The nail polish looks so great for fall :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elsa! Totally, I want to put it back on now lol.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Deborah! I bet it would look great on you too!

      Delete
  4. amazing shade , fit your skin tone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think so, I do agree! I have trouble finding lip colors that work :)

      Delete