Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Zoya Fall 2012 Gloss Collection

Inspired by backstage beauties, talented designers, runways and VIP fashion events, the NYFW 2012 Color Collections by Zoya for Fall 2012 are simply stunning. Choose from full-coverage creams and metallics or incredibly shiny jellies.
Each New Fall Collection (Designer, Diva and Gloss) features color that is beautiful, long-wearing and “haute” off the New York Fashion Week (NYFW) Fall 2012 runway!
The (3) colors in the Gloss collection are special and unlike any other polishes I've tried. They are quite sheer - one coat looks like you painted your nails with water colors. But the formula is not at all watery and instead extremely easy to work with. The Gloss polishes applied just as well as an opaque polish! I found that using (3) coats yielded solid coverage and (4) achieved the color in the bottle.

You might be wondering "Why would I want a polish that is so sheer?" While they can be worn on their own, think of these polishes more as tools. Because they are sheer and even to apply, these are going to be great to layer over glitters or used to tint another shade. There is lots of potential for combinations so Team One-Coater-s, I hope you take a good look at the Gloss collection.

Paloma is a magenta pink polish. Love this one! I didn't use a top coat - this wonderful shine is part of the Gloss formula :)


Four coats

One coat on pointer, two on middle, three on ring, and four on pinky

Katherine is the eggplant brownish-purple polish brought back from the Peter Som Fashion Week collection. This color screams 'fall'.

Four coats

One coat on pointer, two on middle, three on ring, and four on pinky

Frida is a murky greenish turquoise. I am dreaming up some fun mermaid-inspired layering manicures with this color!

Four coats

One coat on pointer, two on middle, three on ring, and four on pinky

Zoya polishes retail for $8.00 and are Big 5 free. In New York City, Zoya can be purchased at several locations including Gideon's Drugs (1385 Broadway, corner of 38th St) and Ulta in the Rego Park Center. See the full list here.

I reviewed the Designer collection here and the Diva collection here.

Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

16 comments:

  1. Can you do some jelly sandwiches with these, specifically Frida? pretty please!! Also, these look gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arielle! Yes, I have some fun manicures in mind that I will be sharing! Can't wait to share them with you :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful swatches! And they are $7 at Gideon's !! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mara! That is a great price - thanks for sharing!!!

      Delete
  3. I had a feeling you were going to make these look their best, somehow, and I was right-- four coats does it! That's unsually a little much, in my opinion, but for such lovely jelly shades, you've made me give them another look. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liesl, aw thanks :) I agree, 4 coats is a bit of a commitment - you could also do 3 thick coats, but it would take longer to dry. But these polishes are going to rock as part of jelly sandwiches!!! Can't wait to share them with you!

      Delete
  4. I love the gloss and shine on these shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The shine is lovely - and the formula is surprising for such a sheer wash of color!

      Delete
  5. I really like these and their formula looks pretty interesting too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see you do a jelly sandwich with these!

      Delete
  6. As soon as my budget allows me to do a little splurging, I'll be getting these. They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These jelly polishes are good for a budget because they can be worn many different ways :)

      Delete
  7. I love that Zoya finally made some jellies! I also like the colors, especially Frida and Katherine, but they appear really sheer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very impressed with how even the sheer color applies. Makes it perfect for layering.

      Delete
  8. Gahh! I want these sooo bad, especially Frida! My Ulta doesn't have them yet. I keep checking in, and today they finally had the Divas and Designers, but no Glosses yet, boo! :( Hopefully next week!

    ReplyDelete