Monday, August 13, 2012

Layering with the Zoya Gloss Polishes

The three colors in Zoya's Gloss collection are sheer jelly polishes that are extremely easy to work with. Why would you want a polish that is so sheer? While they can be worn on their own (swatched here), you can make the jelly glitter sandwich of your dreams or tint a polish pink, purple, or teal. This is quite a versatile set of polishes!

Here is Paloma over a chunky, colorful glitter. The glitter is slightly tinted pink so the final manicure has a very cohesive appearance.

1 coat Zoya Paloma + 1 coat Milani Gems + 2 coats Zoya Paloma

Because the Gloss polishes cover so evenly, they can change the color of another polish. One coat of Catherine turns bright white silver into a metallic light purple! Use two or three coats to intensify the color. I left my ring finger un-tinted so you can see the contrast.

2 coats Duri Celebrity Scandal + 1 coat Zoya Catherine

Here is Frida used to both sandwich and tint a silver holo glitter. Doesn't this look like a magical ocean? Next time, I think I will start with two coats of Frida to intensify the base color or do a second sandwich over top to create more depth.

1 coat Zoya Frida + 2 coats NYX Spot Light + 1 coat Zoya Frida

Want to see more amazing layering with the Gloss polishes? Mimi from Makeup Withdrawal layered the gloss polishes here and Cristina from Let Them Have Polish! created some excellent jelly sandwiches here.

Zoya polishes retail for $8.00 and are Big 5 free. In New York City, Zoya can be purchased at several locations including Gideon's Drugs (1385 Broadway, corner of 38th St) and Ulta in the Rego Park Center. See the full list here.

I reviewed the Designer collection here, the Diva collection here, and the Gloss collection here.

Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

16 comments:

  1. Wow I don't know why it never dawned on me to tint polishes doing this. I wonder how a jelly would look over a holo polish!?!? Challenge accepted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh yes! Challenge accepted! Now I just need some sunlight ;) Stay tuned...

      Delete
  2. LOVE that Frida mani! All of these are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! These colors are fun to play with :)

      Delete
  3. I neeeeed these so bad, especially the teal! I keep stalking my Ulta for them, and they finally got in the Designers and Divas,but still not these yet! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the combinations you used are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! At first I was going to do the same layering with each color, then I thought, hey why not do three different ones :)

      Delete
  5. I love all the combinations you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carolina! These polishes are so fun to play with!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful!! What a great idea to use them over a metallic, I have to try it!! btw, Zoya is having a promo now, if you have 200 share the love points, you get a free polish and free shipping with $10 purchase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do try it, I'll be sure to watch your blog! Thanks for the heads up about the promo!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, Iva! The teal color makes everything look like an ocean (to me at least lol!)

      Delete