Thursday, August 23, 2012

Essie "Miss Fancy Pants" Gets Some Fancy Pants

Essie Miss Fancy Pants is a chalky mushroom creme polish. This color reminds me of the smooth stone buildings around the city (pics at the bottom). While this hue is not ground-breaking, it's classy and a nice alternative to a traditional pale pink manicure. Wonderful for fall.


I wanted to give Miss Fancy Pants some fancy pants (how did a pale taupe polish end up with such an extravagant name?) and added Butter Lovely Jubbly to my ring finger. Wow, what an instant upgrade - Lovely Jubbly just took this manicure from "meh" to "OMG"!



In the nail polish world today, $8 can get you something a bit more unique. I probably would have passed on this shade if I hadn't found it for $3.99 at Cosmetic Market (15 East 37th St between Madison and 5th Ave).While Miss Fancy Pants didn't knock my socks off, it has the "good" Essie formula. The one that is creamy and opaque and not thin and streaky. Wonder how this compares to another new Essie shade called Yogaga?

Essie polishes can be easily located around NYC (shopping map). I usually find the latest collections at Ricky's and Bed Bath & Beyond.

Some lovely stone buildings in NYC...

 
Ralph Lauren flagship, Madison Ave

The Met

Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

7 comments:

  1. What an odd name for such a bland polish, haha! I love your accent nail, sure jazzes it up! :) Those buildings are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm giggling at 'bland' ;) That has somewhat of a bad connotation, but... it really is just that, bland!

      Delete
    2. Well, it's not necesarily "bad". :) It's a nice polish for more conservative looks, or for a simple and clean look...but compared to other polishes, it's definitely not "fancy"! :)

      Delete
  2. I would never imagine that a blah taupe and a crazy, colorful glitter would get along, but they sure do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really inspired to do an accent nail by the name of the polish, not sure I would have thought to put these two together otherwise!

      Delete
  3. Yogaga has much more brown in it. It also does not have that chalky white look at all - but still it looks far lighter than say OPI You Don't Know Jacques and all the look a likes from that vintage. Yogaga has some yellow to it as well which brings it up from the more typical taupe range. I have nothing like Yogaga in my stash. It also has the 'good' Essie cream formula. I did not pick up Jubbly (yet) 'cause I have so many Butter London's that failed me formula wise - thick/syrupy glitters and streaky thin creams/shimmers alike. Have a few where BL nailed it...but since it's always a mail order or out of town 500 miles away from where I live purchase...not all that apt to impluse buy BL's now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great comparison! Deciding to not impulse buying $14 polish is a great decision ;) Lovely Jubbly is pretty special and many of Butter's polishes are quite unique and not duped for a lower price (yet, I suppose). But you're right that formula is a big consideration!

      Delete