Sunday, August 19, 2012

butter LONDON Autumn/Winter 2012 Collection


Butter LONDON's newest collection for autumn/winter 2012 is made up of (5) shades that are each quite incredible. There's something for everyone including TWO holographic polishes!
"Sequins! Velvet! Satin! Tweed! This season, the catwalks were abundant with rich texture! We've translated this to nails through the infusion of glitter particles and metallic and holographic finishes. This collection feels future-forward but not futuristic. This season is all about using texture to add interest and depth to your look!"
I love that Butter hasn't overwhelmed polish lovers with too many collections or collections that are too large. Releasing only a handful of shades at a time makes it seem that each color is created and chosen carefully.

Gobsmacked is a fine charcoal glitter. The first coat applies thin, but the formula is controllable. I used (2) coats below but next time I'll use (3) as some bald spots were noticeable in the light box. This polish reminds me of my druzy ring (seen here)! The finish is gritty and matte, so do apply top coat liberally. Gobsmacked would make a great non-traditional accent finger, wouldn't it?

Gobsmacked: "to be totally speechless"

Shag is a shimmery metallic rusty orange. This shade reminds me of a pumpkin spice latte and pinky/reddish tones appear in different lighting- what a fall color! Shag applied perfectly and there were no strange brush strokes.

Shag: "Brit slang for 'knocking boots' " 

Lovely Jubbly is a serious glitter party with magenta, red, blue, and gold glitter. My boyfriend said this looks like Black Knight without the black - I thought that was a pretty good observation, what do you think? I want to wear this as an accent nail all the time. Lovely Jubbly dries pretty quickly and (3) coats is best for an opaque look. In the words of Gob at the Bluth Company holiday party, "Everybody dance NOW."

Lovely Jubbly: "Brit speak for 'excellent'. Used when a person hears pleasing news or has a stroke of good luck"

Trustafarian is a spring green holo polish. While not linear, the holo is pretty intense in the sunlight and displays a rainbow of color. Trustafarian is sheer - I used (3) coats.

Lightbox:


Sunlight!

Trustafarian: "A spoiled rich kid who pretends to be a hippy but still goes home to Daddy's mansion on the weekend"

Dodgy Barnett is the silver version of Trustafarian. Because it is sheer, Dodgy Barnett would be a great polish to add on top a cream polish to create a subtle holo effect. I used (3) coats below.

Lightbox:


Sunlight!

Dodgy Barnett: "A bad hairdo. A mullet of any variety is a seriously Dodgy Barnett"

Butter LONDON polishes retail for $14. In New York City, my favorite retailers of Butter polishes are C.O. Bigelow, Ricky's, and now Henri Bendel. There are many more! Here is a list of retailers in New York City that carry Butter nail polish.

Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

4 comments:

  1. Great swatches!! These are all amazing but I think I'm partial to the two holos and Gobsmacked. Overall one of the best fall collections I've seen so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jacqui! I really love how diverse the collection is and how they played with a few different finishes :)

    ReplyDelete