Sunday, June 17, 2012

nailsgirls London Teal #4 and a Trip to the Beach


Long Beach, NY

The Atlantic Ocean off Long Island doesn't have the crystal clear vivid aquamarine hue of the Caribbean Sea. It actually would be very rare to catch a glimpse of your hands in the water, let alone your toes! The ocean churns against the beach and the color of the water is a murky blackened blue/green. But I spent my childhood summers swimming in the north Atlantic and that murky tone is what makes the ocean here unique in it's own way.

Getting to Long Beach from the city is easy - from Penn Station, take the LIRR to the Long Beach station (about 50 minutes) and walk about ten minutes until you reach the boardwalk.

How would you like to have one of these places right on the beach?!

Teal #4 by nailgirls London is a dusty greenish blue that reminds me of the Atlantic Ocean off Long Island. I LOVE this color! This was my first experience trying a nailgirls polish, and I am quite pleased. Teal #4 was almost a one-coater with a thick consistency that wasn't difficult to work with.


I wore Teal #4 for (3) days with my current favorite base coat/top coat combo (Butter LONDON Nail Foundation Flawless Base Coat and Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat) and did not experience any chipping. Tip wear was minimal - actually, less than many other polishes I've worn for just as long. This shade is a great summer pick that you can wear well into the fall. Wouldn't Teal #4 look great with an all black outfit?

From the nailgirls website: "nailgirls London was created by two sisters, Jo and Lynda-Louise Burrell, as a reaction to the nasty, toxic, nail wrecking polishes and spas currently saturating the beauty market. Our colours are a superior formula, free from any harmful chemicals. (toluene, formaldehyde, DBP (phthalates) and camphor) They are not tested on animals, are vegan friendly and the packaging is recyclable." Nailgirls polishes can be purchased online  http://shop.nailgirlslondon.co.uk/ or in their London spa.

I hope you had a lovely weekend :)

Those clouds look weird... time to go!

Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

8 comments:

  1. I live just down the road from the beach (in Australia) and I love it! Your nails look fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh so cool - *waves hi from the other side of the world*

      Delete
  2. Ouu, I love the shade of that polish. It's such a pretty teal. The beach looks awesome also!

    sincerelysaraelizabeth.blogspot.ca

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is awesome! It's an unconventional summery shade :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful colour--looks like a great day at the beach, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's close but I don't go nearly enough! That must change this year lol!

      Delete
  4. I love that teal!! Glad you had fun. And yes, those clouds look very scary, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny thing is, it looked super threatening but never did rain!

      Delete