Thursday, June 14, 2012

CIRQUE Dark Horse Collection Part 2 - Debris, Ophelia, and Trousseau


(Click here for an introduction and Part 1)
Cirque is an artisanal line of hand-blended nail polish made in New York. The name Cirque, meaning ring or circle, represents the color wheel and the endless color possibilities in the continuum. Creator, Annie Pham, sought to develop colors that transcend those of conventional brands by experimenting with unique pigments and raw materials. The debut collection, Dark Horse, is a 12-color arrangement that is diverse in its hues and finishes -- similar to the creative energy that abounds New York.
In Part 1, several of you commented on CIRQUE's impressive and professional bottle art. I completely agree and love the sleek simplicity of the solitary "C" logo (the name of the polish is on the bottom). Choosing to place the logo over the corner of the bottle is quite brilliant. Sure it's what's on the inside that counts, but with many independent nail polish brands emerging, creating a professional yet edgy design is a great decision for a new nail polish brand.

*Attention New Yorkers! CIRQUE will be at Brooklyn's Artists & Fleas (a weekly artist, designer, and vintage market) this Saturday, June 16th between 10AM and 7PM. Annie announced on the CIRQUE Facebook page that there will be colors offered that are not available on the website. Yippee!!!

Debris

Silver and black "debris" shapes - some hexagonal and some angular - float in a potion of fine holo shimmer. Much like the celestial shaped glitter polishes in my life (suns, moons, stars...), the large particles in Debris were tricky to fish out. I used (2) coats and dabbed some extra on to fill in some empty patches. Debris is the kind of polish every girl should have in her arsenal - adding a coat or two is a great way to spice up a few-days-old manicure!


The red: CND Poppyfield / The blue: Color Club... it had no name tag... Edie, perhaps?

Trousseau

Trousseau is a bright yellow-gold glitter composed of teeny gold shimmer (do I spy some silver in there, too?) and larger hexagonal glitter pieces. Trousseau covers evenly (no patchiness) and is thin so it would look amazing layered. Grabbing some of those larger pieces is tricky but not impossible. I used (3) thick coats. Isn't this textured look amazing?



Ophelia

Ophelia is an icy cool periwinkle glitter composed of tiny shimmers and large hexagonal pieces - there is a greater amount of large pieces than in Trousseau. The texture of Ophelia reminds me of ice under a microscope! Up close and under bright light, you can see that the shimmer particles are actually not monochromatic but flash pink and silver. Ophelia covers evenly and is thin - I used (4) coats below and can still see my nail in places. But I think Ophelia's true strength is going to be in creating amazing layering and glitter gradient manicures!


From your comments, I could tell you are as excited as I am about French Roast and Tibetan Nights! Here is a close up of the nail swatches of these two polishes. Just look at all the colors in French Roast! I love how the sandwiched bar glitter in Tibetan Nights looks like electric sparks :)


Click here for swatches of Never Nude, Fascination Street, and Epoch.

CIRQUE polishes are 'big 3 free' and can be purchased online: http://www.cirquecolors.com/. Yes, they can be shipped internationally!

Additionally, Annie has a booth at the Hester Street Fair (Hester and Essex) - how awesome is that! I'm going to go visit and hope you get a chance to stop by too!

Here are the upcoming dates you can check out CIRQUE polishes in person at the Hester Street Fair:
  • June 23, 30
  • July 7, 21
  • August 4, 18
  • September 8
  • October 13, 27
Check out Cirque on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cirquecolors

Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely shades! Ophelia it´s so pretty. I think Ophelia, Epoch; F Street and T Nights are my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all really pretty. My favorite is probably Ophelia and Debris. Looking forward to seeing the swatches of the other two! They look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have the other two... I might just need to head down to Brooklyn or Hester Street though to get them! They are just too awesome!

      Delete
  3. Wow, those are amazing shades! And super unique - I've truly never seen anything like French Roast! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah it's so unique and complex! I think the name is very fitting, too.

      Delete
  4. I am loving Ophelia, and tibetan nights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if they could be worn together... hmmm...

      Delete
  5. Debris looks great over blue. Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! Debris is really fun, I don't have anything else like it in my collection :)

      Delete
  6. The blue-red manicure looks really great. I should try it too. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just picked two different but bold colors to show debris over, but they actually do go really well together!

      Delete