Monday, June 11, 2012

CIRQUE Dark Horse Collection Part 1 - Never Nude, Fascination Street, and Epoch


After a great response to the introductory post, I'm so excited to share some swatches of CIRQUE polishes from the Dark Horse collection with you!
Cirque is an artisanal line of hand-blended nail polish made in New York. The name Cirque, meaning ring or circle, represents the color wheel and the endless color possibilities in the continuum. Creator, Annie Pham, sought to develop colors that transcend those of conventional brands by experimenting with unique pigments and raw materials. The debut collection, Dark Horse, is a 12-color arrangement that is diverse in its hues and finishes -- similar to the creative energy that abounds New York.

Never Nude

Never Nude is a golden nude holo that looks more amazing on the nails than it does in the bottle. It has a bit of dazzling glow to it and the holo is visible inside. I only needed (2) coats. Love!


Never Nude photographed in the light box


Never Nude photographed in natural lighting

Any polish that's an Arrested Development quote is an immediate win in my book. "Never Nude" is a reference which I'm not even going to attempt to explain... wouldn't an Arrested Development collection be amazing? There are so many possibilities, but I'm looking for something that says "Daddy likes leather" ;)

If you're a nude holo fan, don't wait for Never Nude to escape you.


Fascination Street

I am in love with this grape jelly hue of purple! While the holo isn't an intense as Never Nude, there is still a magical "something else" inside Fascination Street that makes it glow. The finish has a syrupy quality that seemed thin after the first coat (not at all runny), but still needed only (2) to be opaque.



Fascination Street photographed inside light box


Fascination Street photographed in natural lighting

Here's that "something special"!


Epoch

Epoch is so pigmented it doesn't need to be swatched over black. This polish is quite special -  the brilliant teal hue reminds me of Sally Hansen Spectrum but unlike Spectrum (or any of the HD polishes), Epoch provides complete coverage in (2) coats. Epoch is a duochrome that shifts from bright teal to a blackened purple.


Epoch photographed in the light box


Epoch photographed in the light box


Epoch photographed in the light box

Here is an underwater photograph to better show the duochrome:



All three polishes applied evenly with brushes that spread out nicely and weren't runny or too thick. I have three more colors from the Dark Horse collection to share with you! If you simply can't wait, head over to Nails and Noms for some more CIRQUE goodness :)

CIRQUE polishes are 'big 3 free' and can be purchased online: http://www.cirquecolors.com/. Yes, they can be shipped internationally!

Additionally, Annie has a booth at the Hester Street Fair (Hester and Essex) - how awesome is that! I'm going to go visit and hope you get a chance to stop by too!

Here are the upcoming dates you can check out Cirque polishes in person at the Hester Street Fair:
  • June 23, 30
  • July 7, 21
  • August 4, 18
  • September 8
  • October 13, 27

Check out Cirque on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cirquecolors

Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes! They are really complex and wonderful!

      Delete
  2. As a fan of Arrested Development, I think I need Never Nude. Plus, it's a holo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are amazing! i also need never nude soley for the AD reference but it is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much more than a "holo" - that extra sparkle makes it a must have! Of course, the reference is just a bonus lol.

      Delete
  4. I love this post! Your AD reference was funny, ha ha "Daddy likes leather"
    I´m a holo/purple fan so Fascination Street it´s a must have, but Epoch comes close, it´s lovely!
    Also I think the packaging and presentation it´s so nice and chic, the bottles are really pretty, not like others indies polishes that look like amateur´s job.
    Aplauses to Cirque that choose your amazing blog to present the Dark House Collection to us (and because they can be shipped internationally!)
    I look forward to check your post about de Fair soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the packaging and bottles are very professional, you said it! There are lots of indie brands out there and while it's what's inside that counts, having appealing packaging is only going to increase the hype about this new brand!

      Delete
  5. Oh man, Fascination Street is AMAZING! It's such a deep purple, I'm gonna need it. O_O

    And Epoch is so far my absolute favorite. I was so expecting to have to layer it like most duo/multi-chromes and I couldn't believe how well pigmented it was!

    I just about died at "Daddy likes leather", LMAO. I don't even want to imagine what a MotherBoy polish would look like. XP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA MOTHERBOY OMG!!! I've actually been dreaming up an Arrested Development collection in my head these last few days, what about Mr. Bananagrabber? Bahahahaha!

      Delete
    2. Bahahaha! Oh I would pretty much die if someone made an AD collection with these in it. ^_^

      Delete
  6. I love to see new brands, I'll go to the Hester Street Fair to see them!! Thanks for the beautiful swatches and for presenting the brand!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Mara! I'm looking forward to going to fair too - I've never been, actually!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It's sure something else! I could not believe how pigmented it is.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I finally ordered it, just received it today and put it on immediately! *In Love* :D

      Delete
    2. Oh yay I'm going to read your review right now!

      Delete
  9. I am loving them all, and the bottles are so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree - the bottles are so full of win!

      Delete
  10. I love all three of these! They're incredibly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, you can tell a lot of thought went into creating these polishes :)

      Delete