Monday, June 25, 2012

5 Summery Tangerine Tango Nail Polishes

Pantone's Color of the Year Tangerine Tango has taken the fashion and beauty world by storm. This firey red-orange hue is fantastic for summer manicures and pedicures and has made my top 5 summer nail polish trends list for the second year in a row! While I try not to buy colors that are similar, I adore this color and actually have 5 (!) polishes that are Tangerine Tango-y:

CND Poppyfield (review here)


Essie Olé Caliente (review here)


OPI OPI on Collins Ave


Orly Haute Red (review here) - this color is more red than the others, but I've included it because it's a warm red.


Sephora by OPI Already Famous

Sephora by OPI Already Famous

Comparisons! OPI On Collins Ave is a touch more orange than Olé Caliente.



Olé Caliente is creamier and more coral than Haute Red. The difference is subtle but if you saw this in person there's no way these colors could pass for dupes.


CND Poppyfield and OPI OPI on Collins Ave are so close my eyes could not tell the difference - I'd call them dupes! Both have excellent formulas.


Some other great polishes that could fill your Tangerine Tango craving are Chanel Holiday, NARS Lal Mirchi, OPI A Roll in the Hague, the Sephora + Pantone Universe Color of the Year collection, and Sonia Kashuk Tango Mango.

Were you Tangerine Tango crazy before we were calling red-orange Tangerine Tango? What is your favorite Tangerine Tango-toned polish?


Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

15 comments:

  1. everything looks more red to me than tangerine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This shade could pass for red! 'Haute Red' is the "red-est" of the 5 I have. I should have posted a picture of a cool-toned red, next to a cool red these would look a LOT more orangey :)

      Delete
    2. how is haute red in person? i'm searching a bright red with orange tones nail polish and i love haute red but i wanted to know if it's just as bright in person. is there a bright red you would recommend? i'm looking for one that screams summertime haha

      Delete
    3. Haute Red is amazing. It's not neon, but it's quite bright and very summery. The formula is first-class, too (here's my full review: http://gothampolish.blogspot.com/2012/05/thoughts-about-bikes-and-red-nail.html). You can get the small size for around $4. If you're looking for something more orangey, go with Ole Caliente - simply because that one is probably the easiest to find of these!) And I don't have it, but OPI A Roll in the Hague might be worth checking out. Hope that helps :)

      Delete
  2. My favourite is Olé Caliente but they are all pretty much the same I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I really don't know how I ended up with so many so similar... I really, really like this color!

      Delete
  3. Maybe it's my monitor (or maybe this is splitting hairs), but these seem more orangey-red, than reddish-orange. My favorite polish in this color family is actually Essie Meet Me at Sunset, from last year's Brazil themed collection (but still easily available on line). It's the perfect balance of red and orange, and I get so many compliments when I wear it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those Brazil colors were great :) I do agree that the ones I have are on the red-er side of the orange-red/red-orange family, it's a fine line still between a true red and a true orange lol!

      Delete
  4. I have always been a fan of red/orange - it's just looked better on my hand color over a blue based red 99% of the time. So this is nothing new for me with all the red/oranges being hot to wear. I have a # of favs in this category of colors...among some of the tops for me are: OPI A Roll in the Hague (mad for this one since it came out - it's more orange than red in my book), OPI's Dressed To Empress - if you missed it - gads, you really missed it and need to pick up a bottle while they are still around - it's an early glass=fleck orange red that just works and rocks as a toe shade as well as on fingers too, I also love OPI Big Hair, Big Nails for a sorbet in this range. I still turn to a fav of last summer from Zoya called Kimmy - it's in the glass-fleck, metallic, duochrome category but still is in the warm red/orange range. Thanks for this review...I always want to know dupes - I cannot afford to goof and pick up things too close anymore as my space is major premium and getting tighter all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're right, it must be something about this tone in particular that clicks with the tones in our fingers! I looked up Dress to Empress, wow it IS stunning :) I am happy to share possible dupes when I can!

      Delete
  5. This post only reinforces the fact that I NEED Ole Caliente. I don't know why I've waited so to get such a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post only reinforces the fact that I NEED Ole Caliente. I don't know why I've waited so to get such a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those colors I could wear all the time and not tire of, so I think it's basically a must have. But I think I would say that about all 5 of these colors lol.

      Delete