Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Lilacs and Lilacism


While lilacs come in many shades of pink and purple, Lilacism from Essie's Spring 2010 collection "Art of Spring" is of the beautiful bluish-purple variety. I adore this pastel spring shade despite its less-than-perfect formula - I needed three coats for smooth and even coverage.



Thinking this polish might be a dupe to Essie To Buy or Not To Buy? I did! To Buy or Not To Buy is actually pinker compared to Lilacism (comparison picture here).

 

 


We photographed these lilacs in the Brooklyn Botanical Garden last month :)

Lilacism is part of Essie's permanent line - yay! In New York City, Essie can be purchased at many locations including Beauty 35, Bed Bath and Beyond, Cosmetic Market, and Duane Reade. Now if only this polish smelled like lilacs :)

20 comments:

  1. I love Essie's, this one is no exception. But I love Lilac's even more! Beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessika! Now if only Essie polishes smelled like lilac ;)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous polish, beautiful flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essie really nailed the naming of this one!

      Delete
  3. I'm not too amazed by lilacism, but I love the flowers :) Great new banner by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked SUPER hard on the banner, so I thank you oh so much for letting me know :)

      Delete
  4. So pretty, very spring-appropriate:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a shade inspired by spring! Essie creates some of the best spring shades :)

      Delete
  5. This is such a gorgeous polish!! Love the lilac pics as well. Hubby's been trying to get me to go there for a while. He's a photographer. Once we have some stable whether, I'll visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I hear ya with the weather... but it will make the flowers that much better when you go!

      Delete
  6. I love Lilacism, it's beautiful! And it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie! I adore the spring pastels, can't get enough of 'em.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. The lilacs are really photogenic :)

      Delete
  8. Love all the lilac! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Yes, the pastel blue/purple shade is spectacular!

      Delete