Monday, May 14, 2012

Japan Day Part One: The Food



Sunday was Japan Day in Central Park. The day kicked off with a 4 mile run (my boyfriend PR'd!) and after, there were tents offering food samples and activities including calligraphy, origami and robot sumo battles. Because we took many, many pictures, this post will be about the food!

Amazing udon!!!

Preparing okonomiyaki samples - this one had the longest line!

Scallions for the udon... mmm, scallions...

Volunteers were walking around handing out these Oolong Shot drinks like they were serving appetizers at a cocktail party.



I also tried the vegetable gyoza, but ate them before we could snap a picture...

The weather was absolutely perfect and I wore OPI DS Original (thanks for your comments!!!)

More pictures tomorrow :)

11 comments:

  1. What a great event! You just make me wish more and more I could come to NY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe and this event made me want to visit Japan!

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing, I miss Japan so much! I went there last year and probably gained 5 kgs... that's 10 freakin' pounds! Why can't Sydney have a Japan Day? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a great trip that must have been, even if you gained 10 pounds... in noodle weight? LOL! Japan is much closer to Sydney than NYC, would love to visit some day (Sydney, too!)

      Delete
  3. I love Japan food it´s so yummy! Here in Argentina we have events like this, my husband and I love to go, to learn about other cultures (and of course to try new dishes). You make it sound like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Events like this really are great ways to try new things and get an idea of the culture :)

      Delete
  4. Im so sad I missed that "/. Where did you get your bracelet? I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have known if it weren't for the race my bf was in! Look out for it next year :) I actually made my bracelet, glad you like it! It was pretty easy (and cheap), I just wove neon cord in a chain and put a clasp on it lol

      Delete
  5. OMG I loooooove udon noodles. You can't get them anywhere where I live unless you order them online or make them yourself. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, boo! Not sure I would order noodles online lol. We've been making sooo many noodles lately, they are great to bring to work for lunches. Wish they were available everywhere, the specialty grocery stores can get $$$.

      Delete
    2. This sounds so yummy. Some of these foods, like okonomiyaki, are hard to find in this country.

      Delete