Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cinco de Mayo Margarita Mani


What better way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo than by wearing a margarita on your nails (yes, I know it was yesterday). The gradient manicure trend has really taken off! While there are many ladies who have this technique down much better than I, it's probably safe to say this is the first gradient manicure that's rimmed with salt ;)

 


Ingredients:
  • yellow polish (my pick: Wet & Wild 423B... it's really old)
  • light green polish (my pick: OCC Wasabi)
  • dark green polish (my pick: China Glaze Gaga For Green)
  • clear top coat (my pick: Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat)
  • a slice or two of fimo fruit (my pick: Bundle Monster lemon fimo cane)
  • salt
Recipe:

1. Start by painting your nails yellow.

2. With your eyeshadow sponge, dab on some of the lighter green starting at the base of your nail to the middle of your nail. With the other side of your eyeshadow sponge, dab on the darker green polish mostly at the base of your nail. Touch up as needed until the colors blend together the way you want.

3. When you're happy with the gradient, add a clear top coat of nail polish.

4. Add a fruit slice or two (PLEASE be careful when handling a sharp blade and cutting fimo canes). I just used a dot of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat and plopped them on.

5. Top with salt. Again I used Seche as the "glue" and just stuck on the salt where I wanted it.

And there you have it! A margarita manicure that's sure to draw attention! 


Bonus - here's what we made for dinner last night :)



Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Yasmin! Now I just need some more practice with the gradient technique ;)

      Delete
  2. That looks awesome! The salted tips are such a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susy! The salt really stuck on well!

      Delete
  3. Such an excellent idea! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, H! More drink-inspired manis may follow...

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. hehe it's certainly not something to wear to work

      Delete
  5. Um, these are amazing! You're so creative, too bad I boozed so much over the weekend that looking at that margarita is making me feel queasy! Great nails as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I take the fact that this is making you nauseous as a huge compliment!!! LOL!!! Thanks for the kind words, glad you like it :)

      Delete
  6. This is such a cute idea!! And dat food... O_o I'm drooling here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rie! Wish the picture came out a little clearer, but I didn't have patience and wanted to eat it :)

      Delete
  7. Super original. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool is that! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The idea struck me completely out of the blue - and I was somewhat expecting a complete fail, but it actually kinda works :)

      Delete
  9. this is so original - i love it girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You may see more mixed drink manicures here lol!

      Delete
  10. OK this is freakin hilarious and awesome at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! This really is a look that is all about fun and probably NSFW! LOL!

      Delete
  11. omg what a creative idea! they totally look like little margaritas! amazing look doll- we want more!

    x Jordan
    - Boho Vanity -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY thanks glad you like it! I may try some more mixed drink manis then!

      Delete
  12. OMG I love this!! You're so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete