Thursday, April 26, 2012

Striking Gold with Deborah Lippmann "Here Comes the Queen"

About an hour and a half north of New York City is the Woodbury Commons Premium Outlets. With 220 stores including Chanel, Burberry, and Tory Burch, it's quite the mecca of outlet shopping. The car-less New Yorker that I am usually hops on the Metro North but this time found a sweet two-for-one deal (Groupon? Living Social?) on the Hampton Luxery Liner..

Outlet shopping, as you know, can be hit or miss. Imagine my surprise when I saw this beautiful little box of awesome all by its lonesome in the Juicy Couture outlet! Simply put, I struck gold ;)


Juicy Couture partnered with Deborah Lippman and Troy Surratt to create this set that was sold last holiday season. The wondrous gold polish is called Here Comes the Queen, which is SUCH a Juicy Couture and Deborah Lippmann name. The champagne bottle is actually a lip gloss called 24 Karat Couture.

Check out the epic markdown...


On the way home on the bus, I opened the box and HELLO the top of the polish bottle is bedazzled!


Here Comes the Queen is a stunning Deborah Lippmann creation of gold flakies and tiny, glowing gold glitter. While there are many tones of gold, Here Comes the Queen is as close to gold-bar colored gold as it gets :) Coverage is perfect and application is a breeze. Compared to swatches I've seen of Essie As Gold As It Gets, Here Comes the Queen is more dense and the flakies are larger.

Here is one coat of Here Comes the Queen over Wet and Wild Black Crème (the black) and China Glaze Stella (the purple).


Did you watch Gold Rush on TLC last winter? I was totally addicted. Here Comes the Queen reminded me of how the gold looked in the bottom of the pans :) Using "panning for gold" as the inspiration, here is Here Comes the Queen over China Glaze Concrete Catwalk. Glitter gradient instructions here :)


Just for fun, I tried Here Comes the Queen over Butter LONDON Black Knight to test the consistency (you can see I went a little heavy on my ring finger) but the combo was so incredible I had to share it with you!


If you're totally in love with Here Comes the Queen, it is LE however there are a few listings on eBay that are well under the original $48 price tag.

Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

20 comments:

  1. That's a very interesting topcoat! I like it best over the black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The black base really shows this polish in all it's glory!

      Delete
  2. That is a great deal! Everyone has to love a good sale! It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact that this is an amazing polish makes it all the better :)

      Delete
  3. Wow what an amazing price! I have As Gold As it Gets and looks very similar, maybe the flakies are a little smaller. It reminds me of that gold Chanel ... Can't remember the name now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're totally right... there was a Chanel gold!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Everything about this set screams expensive and luxurious - who would have guessed it could be found for such a deal :)

      Delete
  5. *Happy sigh* I waaaant this!! :D So pretty!! It really does remind me of As Gold As It Gets, but like you said, with larger flakes. Dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah, that was definelty a hit! :D Love the polish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those polishes that can be worn so many different ways, it's like adding that many more polishes to the mix!

      Delete
  7. Wow! What a steal! The look you created with Concrete Catwalk is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Florence! It was so easy to do, too :)

      Delete
  8. LOVE this! I can't believe I missed out on this! It looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know how you love your DL polishes, I'm surprised you don't have it ;)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks, Deborah! I love polishes that are so versatile :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I've never seen a DL polish on sale, either!

      Delete