Thursday, April 19, 2012

Inspired By: SwellMayde Neon Envelope Clutch


Do you know Aimee from SwellMayde? She's not only a fashion guru - she's a DIY genius! Aimee blogs about how to recreate the latest trends in fashion, accessories, and jewelry yourself for a fraction of the cost - and the best part is, you can't tell her DIYs apart from the 'real thing' :)

I was lucky enough to win one of Aimee's originals! This neon yellow snakeskin clutch is the perfect size to hold an iPad or a notebook (I mean a real, paper notebook... with lines? That you write in? Nevermind.)


Aimee's clutch was the inspiration behind the nails :) Using the snake skin print on Bundle Monster plate BM-215, I stamped Sally Hansen Wet Cement with China Glaze Concrete Catwalk . The base color of the accent nail is American Apparel Neon Yellow (another prize! from April of Concrete and Nail Polish).


Be sure to follow Aimee's blog: http://www.swellmayde.com Did you add any neon to your spring/summer wardrobe yet?

Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

20 comments:

  1. The bag is cute and your mani is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks super cute and matches the clutch perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I can't say I would have ever thought of this manicure on my own :)

      Delete
  3. Love the clutch and love your nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need somewhere fabulous to go to wear both :)

      Delete
  4. Love DIY :) Your nails look great and so does the clutch. Looks like a nice addition to the ones I already own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani! Be sure to check out Aimee's blog for the tutorial to make your own :)

      Delete
  5. awesome mani, I really love the colors you chose! that combination is amazing and the clutch is super cute :D you have the coolest ideas for skittles / accent manis :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina, I can't say I would have thought of this manicure without such an amazing piece of inspiration!

      Delete
  6. This is awesome! I can't wait to check out her blog...

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1 - I want that bag!

    2 - your nails look amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bag is sooo hot! This reminds me how much fun stamping is :)

      Delete
  8. That combo of the clutch and your manicure is to die for ♥ love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah! I really am loving this neon trend :)

      Delete
  9. I'm loving that mani. So beautiful. Love the inspiration as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MariJo! I love the snakeskin and neon together!

      Delete
  10. I love the neon yellow against the grey O_O

    ReplyDelete