Monday, April 2, 2012

Field Trip: Beauty Plus Salon


While wandering around one weekend, I randomly stumbled on a pretty great beauty supply store. Beauty Plus Salon is on the west side of Manhattan between 96th and 97th St. This place sells a good variety of the staples - OPI, Essie, base coats, top coats, polish removers - but what makes this one a winner is that they sell China Glaze. If you've been reading Gotham Polish or live in NYC, you probably have picked up on the fact that while we have many beauty supply stores like this, very few sell China Glaze. Each sighting is something to celebrate :)

No HTFs but you may find an older colors on your wish list

The Metro Collection display gives you an idea of when I took this picture

Visit Beauty Plus Salon at 2568 Broadway between 96th and 97th St. It's quite close to the 96th St subway station (1, 2, and 3 trains).

16 comments:

  1. i seriously thank god for your blog! ill be moving back to NYC this summer and your blog will be helping me on my hauls! thanks Girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I hope you find some great things!

      Delete
  2. The Beauty Plus Salon at my hometown mall in CT got to know me by name when I was living at home last year. I've been looking forward to checking out her NYC sister! What are the prices like at the Manhattan location?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes... I honestly don't recall!

      Delete
    2. Just in case anybody is curious, I made a trip to Beauty Plus Salon this week to scope out the spoils! I was a little disappointed in the prices. OPI was $7.95 and Essies were $6.95. The CGs were priced at $5.95 each or 3 for $15. I guess I was spoiled by the discounts at my old suburban haunt—they mark OPIs down to $5.49 and Essies to $4.95! They also stock racks of Color Club and Orly, but I didn't see either brand at the Manhattan location. The BPS chain does offer monthly coupon deals through their website, but I didn't ask if the Manhattan location honors the coupons.

      I didn't find the CG polish I was looking for on this trip, but regardless, thanks for the heads up about this location, Amy!

      Delete
    3. Hi Emily! Thanks for sharing the prices! OPI is typically around $8 - $8.50 in NYC (at Ricky's, it's $9.99 :/). Essie too is around $8, but some have it for $6 (I think Beauty 35 is still selling it for $6 but don't quote me on that lol). You are really lucky to find it for less by you :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I love seeing polish all out on display like this :)

      Delete
  4. OMGosh, thank you soooo much for this post! So timely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it's like nail polish heaven! I bet I could spend hours in that shop! Great blog, following you now! :)

    http://beautybyemma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo!! Thanks for sharing hon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Yea girl! Let me know if you find anything awesome!

      Delete