Sunday, March 18, 2012

NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade


New York City loves parades. While there aren't any floats or balloons, the St. Patrick's Day parade is full of marching bands, bagpipes, NYPD, organizations, bagpipes, firefighters, drill teams, bagpipes, and even a few Mounties (pictures after the break!)


Like many of you, I was having trouble deciding what to wear on my nails for St. Patrick's Day! After pulling out all my greens and laying them on the floor, I decided to layer CND Jade Sparkle over OPI Jade is the New Black (JITNB).

CND Jade Sparkle is from the CND Effects series. I love how - with only one coat - Jade Sparkle transforms JITNB, but still keeps the original color true (see JITNB alone). The look is so even and seamless! Jade Sparkle is a bit of a chameleon as it flashes both gold and green based on the light.

 



CND Effects polishes retail for $11.00 per bottle, For CND Colour & Effects e-tailers or regional salon and spa availability, please visit cnd.com. In New York City, CND polishes can be purchased at the Polished Beauty Bar on 250 West 78th Street.

See more parade pictures!


 



 










Spectators watching the parade from Central Park

Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely! I'm not a huge fan of green, but with this CND on top it looks just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge green fan either, but JITNB is a very wearable green... and yes, CND is amazing!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Johanna! The parade was super fun, happy to share pics!

      Delete
  3. Oooh I love Jade Sparkle. St. Patrick's Day made me realize I need more green polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw so many gals at the parade with green nails it was awesome!

      Delete
  4. Jade Sparkle - perfect over Jade is the New Black! - It's going on my toes in a few weeks - have to take a break from greens till then. LOVE you parade pixs! I went one year as I have lived most of my life in the West - but friends in NYC and timing was right for me 1 yr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh JITNB would be a great pedicure color! That's awesome you got to see the parade, this was actually the first time I went :)

      Delete