Monday, March 12, 2012

China Glaze Hunger Games Nail Polish: Agro


"With THE HUNGER GAMES about to begin, Capitol citizens can show their support for their chosen district through China Glaze®’s exclusive Capitol Colours nail polish collection. The collection combines rich crèmes, soft shimmers and bold glitters to create the limited edition 12 shade nail polish collection inspired by the most anticipated movie release of the year."

District 11 is the agricultural center of Panem. In the games, it is the district that Rue, Thresh and Seeder represented. Even though the residents spend long hours harvesting grain and tending to orchards, the food is sent to the Capitol and they are one of the poorest districts.

From the China Glaze Capitol Colors collection, Agro is a mossy green with a lively metallic shimmer. Isn't this the most perfect Hunger Games color? The yellow and brown tones in this green remind me of winter grass. Like Stone Cold, Agro is a true one coater! Because it is slightly metallic, be careful that you brush this one on straight to avoid any wiggly weird streaks. I wore Agro to work and not only did my co-workers love it, it held up well showing the expected amount of tip wear after three days.


In New York City, reader Green Man spotted the Hunger Games polishes at Gideon's Drugs (1385 Broadway, corner of 38th St). I'd also try the Ulta in Rego Park or Sally Beauty in Brooklyn, Queens, or Staten Island. Click here for a list of China Glaze retailers in NYC.

PS - I have a hard time saying "Agro" without following it up with "Crag"...

Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

14 comments:

  1. I finally got my Hunger Games polishes from Victoria's Nail Supply. Think I'll pull this one out first. Lovely mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what an exciting shipment! Can't wait to see your swatches!

      Delete
  2. oo I love this color!

    Also FYI - Ulta in Rego park is always packed so be ready to fight the crowds if you head that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl... I totally believe it :)

      Delete
  3. I am liking this collection more and more. And like my first impression of Electropop, I also thought I would not like the HG collection - changed my mind on both of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hunger Games collection is fantastic if, for nothing else, it's a collection doing it's own thing and not just a collection of colors that are "in" right now!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. "Players will start at the sound of my whistle"

      Delete
  5. Ok so it's not just me who thinks this is a good one coater! I thought maybe I just got a blessed bottle :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooove this collection! Stocking up while I'm home in Texas so I don't have to search for them in NYC ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Agro too, even though I've read of several people complaining about its formula. I don't get it, unless they got a bad batch. Mine was just fine and I thought the colour was so incredibly rich! Love it on you, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no way, that sad to hear the formula isn't consistent. The formula we got is so winning - hope it wasn't just a happy error and this was how CG intended it!

      Delete