Monday, February 13, 2012

Bloggers Night Out

This past Friday, hundreds of talented bloggers met for NYC's second Bloggers Night Out event. It was great to be surrounded by such confident (and well dressed!) men and women who share a passion for blogging.

It was so nice to finally meet fellow NYC nail polish blogger Carly from Lacquered Lover. Did you know she came up with the name of one of Manglaze's latest shades LesbiHonest? Carly rocked an impressive water marble created with China Glaze polishes.

What a fantastic treat it was to meet Maria from creator of Cult Nails! Maria is an inspiration - Cult Nails is only a year only, and the brand is already known and adored by polish fanatics around the world. Cult Nails polish even walked the runway this season at New York Fashion Week. Maria has some great behind-the-scenes pictures on her blog: http://www.r3daily.com/ Wouldn't it be great if Cult Nails products were sold in NYC?

I also met the lovely Lara from We Hearty Beauty, the stylish Alicia from Kitten Masks, and "facilitator of dance parties" Meghan from Meg's Mumbo. These ladies have great blogs, I encourage you to check them out! Bloggers Night Out really was a great opportunity to meet fellow New York bloggers.

Alicia wore Chanel Graphite and Lara wore a pink OPI polish

What did I wear on my nails? I was debating colors and designs for at least a week, but for some reason, the DAY OF Bloggers Night Out I fixated on creating a gradient glitter design. I had never even done a gradient glitter mani, but recently I bought a pack of 24 eye shadow sponges at Cosmetic Market and wanted to try it out. Now, I really don't recommend experimenting with a new technique the night before an important event but I had this design in my head and it simply would not go away so I went for it!

Sephora by OPI Domestic Goddess (the purple) and Color Club Gingerbread (the glitter)

To create this look, take an (unused!) eye shadow applicator - you know, the one that comes in most drugstore eye shadows with two triangular-ish spongey ends? Tap the sponge tip against your nail polish brush so that the sponge tip picks up some glitter. Don't drench your sponge in polish. Starting at the tip of your nail, dab the glitter on and move back toward your cuticle. You can go as far as you want - the glitter should thin out as you go. If you didn't get enough glitter on your sponge the first time, go back and add some more to your tips. Keep playing around until you're happy with how it looks!

Thank you to the ladies who organized Bloggers Night Out and to the sponsors for an amazing event!

20 comments:

  1. So nice meeting you! Hope we can see each other again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It's confirmed - bloggers love nail polish :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a blast! Maria is so sweet. Your nails look great too of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is! It was such a treat meeting her.

      Delete
  4. Looks like your night was a lot of fun!
    I saw a picture of you on Maria's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a GORGEOUS polish. I'm such a fan of glitter gradients too.. this is absolutely beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! I can't wait to do more of them!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Lara has a great style, her ring IS seriously fabulous!

      Delete
  7. What a fantastic opportunity! I'm so happy for you - getting to meet so many like-minded people ... AND Maria! Woo-hoo! Now, I'm not huge into nail art, but this looks so good! Amy, you did an amazing job...the glitter looks like candy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I'm always looking for 'easy' nail art lol and this would totally qualify. You should totally think about coming down for fall fashion week, there will probably be another Blogger Night Out event :)

      Delete
  8. I had such a great time with you! Definitely we need to have drinks soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sad I missed out:(. Glad you guys had a good time though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch for another event in the fall! I hope they do it again... would love to meet you!

      Delete
  10. What an amazing time you had! I can only dream of some day hitting NYC for FW!!! Been 'in' Milan by total mistake for a FW but I did not know anyone to get into anything of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Milan Fashion Week would be intense! In NY you don't even need to go to any shows, hanging around Lincoln Center you'd see some stylish people :)

      Delete