Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Essie's "Olé Caliente" will have you shouting OLÉ!


In Spanish, "Olé" is an expression of excitement - which is exactly what I was feeling when I put on Essie's new firey tangerine polish Olé Caliente from the Spring 2012 Navigate Her collection. Not only is this an amazing ruby tangerine shade, but this is one of the best formulas of any Essie nail polish I own. Olé Caliente was smooth and perfect in two coats. I'm in love!


Olé Caliente reminded me of another polish in my collection - OPI On Collins Ave from OPI's Spring 2009 South Beach collection. While it's hardly indistinguishable in photos, on the nail, OPI On Collins Ave is a touch more orange than Olé Caliente. Both are amazing cream polishes that cover well in two coats.

 

Here is Olé Caliente compared to OPI's Charged Up Cherry, a peachy coral. Charged Up Cherry looks very pink next to Olé Caliente.


Essie's Navigate Her collection is available in February. In New York City, Essie can be purchased at many locations including Beauty 35, Bed Bath and Beyond, Cosmetic Market, and Duane Reade.

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's amazing - I feel like it's red, orange, and coral all in one :)

      Delete
  2. When I saw your first swatch-picture my reaction was "WOW!" :D This is an amazing shade, and I think it looks so good on you! Love love love ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl, yes some shades really pop on certain skin tones! Not only is this an incredible color, the formula is perfect which makes it a real winner.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah, this polish was super photogenic! The camera loved it as much as I did :)

      Delete
  4. Love it!!! These are so bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orangey-reds really are super energetic :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Totally! This is one of those shades I don't tire of :)

      Delete
  6. Your awesome swatches reminded me how HOT this shade is! You almost need sunglasses to look directly at your nails, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha are you sure it isn't my pale winter skin ;)

      Delete
  7. You're right, it does look very similar to Cherry Bomb!

    ReplyDelete