Sunday, January 22, 2012

Enjoying the Snow and Wearing - Not Getting - "Frostbite"


Yesterday was the first snowfall here in the city since that crazy October snowstorm! While it was more messy and grey than picture perfect snow, kids had fun sledding and building things.


Having some snow on the ground finally gave me the chance to wear my awesome new grizzly bear Hunter boot socks and this icy blue Savina polish I picked up at Nordstrom Rack called "Frostbite".

"Frostbite" is a periwinkle purple-blue polish with icy, shimmery flecks. We've been seeing a blue-with-icy-flecks nail polish trend (ex:  OPI "I Don't Give a Rotterdam" and Zoya "Skylar") going on, haven't we! No complaints about application and "Frostbite" looked great in two coats.


I wish I had Essie's "Smooth Sailing" to compare it to. But what I can show you is "Frostbite" next to Zoya's "Caitlin" to give you a better idea of the color. "Caitlin" is a lavendery grey-blue and "Frostbite" is a tad more saturated and a bit more blue.


Savina nail polishes can be purchased at Nordstrom Rack for $3.97 and online at 8ty8 Beauty for $2.68. In NYC, Nordstrom Rack is located at 60 East 14th Street in Union Square (next to Best Buy).

12 comments:

  1. Such a pretty polish!! Seems I have to visit Nordstrom soon ;0).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MariJo, I don't know if the "normal" Nordstrom carries Savina, it might only be Nordstrom Rack.

      Delete
  2. Oooh!! I love this!!!
    I need yet another gorgeous peri-leaning blue to add to my helmer drawer full!!
    :D
    hehehe, seriously gorgous!

    I think you need to PS An Affair To Remember between two bottles of nail polish in your gorgous first photo!

    When I visited NYC in 1993 it was December and we ran around Central Park so glad it had warmed up to 10 degrees!
    ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can NEVER have too many :) UGH 10 degrees?! That's really rough! Thank goodness we haven't had too many days in the teens yet...

      Delete
  3. That's a very delicious colour - beautiful and yet easy on the eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely, and yes, the colour looks similar to Smooth Sailing, but I don't own it so I can't tell you how close they are :P
    Love this kind of shade though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm such a sucker for these blues too - I can't wait to see the OPI blues in the new collection in person!

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous photo! Makes me sooo jealous that I don't live in NY, but makes me save more for my NY holiday fund, so thankyou for that! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I'll keep sharing pictures to motivate you :)

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, I'm totally floored by this. I love my Smooth Sailing, and this really does look like the winterized version of that. I'm going to have to get to Nordstroms Rack asap to pick this beauty up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I have a feeling you will be picking up more than just this one! Savina makes so many great colors! Looking forward to seeing what you find :)

      Delete