Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Inspired By: Louis Vuitton's Holiday Windows


This post is part of a series of manicures inspired by the holiday windows in NYC! I hope you enjoy!

The holiday windows at Louis Vuitton's 5th Ave location are designed with a circus theme complete with models and animals as acrobats. A color palette of cream, pink, and coral decorated a tent-like backdrop. I chose the diamond pattern and gold ball as inspiration for this manicure.


Nail art is a rare sighting here on Gotham Polish, please be kind :) This was the perfect opportunity to practice using the Bundle Monster image plates - it took me four tries before I had a manicure that I was comfortable sharing with you, but each time was better and better (a full review of the image plates will come!) I chose OPI "So Many Clowns, So Little Time" as my cream base color (fitting with the circus theme, right?) and for coral and pink: Ulta's "Coral Chic" and Maybelline "Pink Crush", respectively. Bundle Monster has a great diamond design on plate BM16 that perfectly matched the background design! To finish the look, I painted gold tips using Deborah Lippmann's "Nefertiti".

The holiday windows are providing great inspiration for color palettes and manicure designs. I'm excited to continue this series through the end of the month!

Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

7 comments:

  1. I'm not much for nail art, either, but I LOVE this and your inspiration! Can't wait to see what other holiday windows you decide to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Amy! You did an amazing job! The gold tips were inspired...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really, really cute!! Awesome job, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rach, thanks so much! I'm having so much fun and can't wait to share them with you!
    Nory, thanks girl! Leave it to LV to inspire such a fun mani :)
    Eugenia, why thank you!!! They were a bit of a last minute touch, felt like just the stamp was missing something :)
    florence, thanks so much! I was a bit nervous to post my first stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CLM, this is such a true gold - perfect for this kind of detail, it looks like a real gold foil!

    ReplyDelete