Monday, December 5, 2011

Inspired By: Bloomingdale's Holiday Windows


This is the first in my series of manicures inspired by the holiday windows in NYC! I hope you enjoy!

The theme for Bloomingdale's window decorations this year was inspired by the designs on their holiday bags from years past. Each window showcases a giant shopping bag that spins around or opens up to show a beautiful recreation of the design on the bag!

The inspiration for my Bloomingdale's holiday window manicure came from the pink and blue neon reflected on the sleek black glitter in the 2011 display. I love how these colors bounce around off the black glitter!



Using this idea, here's what I created:



I am absolutely thrilled with the final result! I created this look by dabbing on Milani's one coat glitters "Purple Gleam" and "Blue Flash" in random patches on my nails. Then I brushed the other color on top...blue over purple, purple over blue... lightly, because you want the color underneath to still peak out (the Milani glitters are great for this because they aren't runny). I then touched up a few spots that had turned either too blue or too purple. I finished this look by adding a layer of Wet & Wild "Tangled in My Web".

I am very excited to share more manicures inspired by this year's holiday windows with you this month!

See more pictures of the beautiful Bloomindale's 2011 holiday windows...


 

 

 

 

 

14 comments:

  1. Wow what a wonderful job you did capturing the colors and effects of the display! Beautiful combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I *REALLY* love that layering combo! I would have never thought of that in a million years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great combo - I would've NEVER thought of that. The colors are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Bleed Polish, THANKS! I'm in love with this look too :)
    Cari, thanks! I hope you try it out!
    H, thank you! These polishes were perfect for the job :)
    Maria, I hope you try it out!
    Megan, it was completely experimental but this experiment (unlike some) was a big win :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Carly! I hope you try this look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo pretty on you!!:3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Boarbb! It's even more sparkly in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love the color combination! New follower here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kaki! Thanks, and so happy you found Gotham Polish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous! wished I could visit NYC in Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CLM, it's such a fun time of year here, there certainly isn't a shortage of decorations :)

    ReplyDelete