Sunday, October 16, 2011

Nail Polish at a Street Fair


Street fairs are a common sight throughout the summer and the fall in New York City. Typically several blocks, you will see a wide array of vendors selling street meat, jewelry, orchids, smoothies, crepes, and $5 pashminas. There's even a website dedicated to keeping you informed about what street fair is where and when!

Honestly, I usually steer clear of street fairs - I have a way of unintentionally coming across them (much like parades) while I'm trying to get somewhere and they do get crowded. I also get the same vibe from many of them. Today, I stumbled upon a street fair on Lexington Ave and the fair was less crowded than the sidewalk so I took a stroll through it. Good decision! In the midst of gyros and cell phone chargers, I found a cosmetic vendor!

 

This vendor (appropriately named "Street Fair Cosmetics") had a large tent of makeup - mostly old various drug store brands, but I did see Lancôme Juicy Tubes. They had a very decent selection of polishes including several Essies, Hard Candy (Beetle and Sky), 2012 crackles, $1 Maybellines, and Jordana.


Count it as a "dusty"! In fact, because they have a Facebook, Street Fair Cosmetics will go on the Gotham Polish where to shop list :)

22 comments:

  1. OMG! I wanna go there! Did you buy a lot of stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Wish we had one of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky girl!!!!
    Can't wait for your haul post!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine unpacking and then repacking ALL of that stuff, just for a days trading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo!!!! I would have spent a good hour digging through their stuff!!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Posts like this make me want to visit New York City. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. O, wow! Why don't we have such fair?

    ReplyDelete
  8. *drools*
    I want to go touch everything there.
    And LOL I completely avoid street fairs too...partially because I don't like the crowds but mostly because I can't control my spending habits and will buy everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morie, Johanna, and Frankenstyna - I actually didn't have any cash lol. Good thing I can find them with their Facebook page! I'll be prepared next time! :)
    Liz, it was pretty random - can't say I've ever seen anything like it before!
    Konad-licious, wow you're so right there! That would be a lot of work!
    Alexisaurus, agreed... I didn't look too much because I would be sad if I found something and didn't have cash lol
    Rie, who knew street fairs had nail polish lol - even for NYC this is pretty random!
    Biba, I think you should start one!!!
    greeneyespinknails, haha there ARE so many pretties to look at!
    ChaosButterfly, meh I'm not sure you'd be into touching... dusty is a really accurate term ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank You, fellow nyc polish-head, lol! I'm following them on FB now and WILL be at their next fair, cash in hand! I just hope their isn't a chase near buy bc I may clean out my funds, lol! What were the prices like? Esp for Essie?

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, just WOW, I so wish I had things like that near me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LizMarie, I didn't ask about Essie's (they had a small selection). It seemed like almost everything was $1 though!
    Pam, it's pretty fantastic because I feel like you could find something really awesome and random if you keep digging!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOWW!! cant believe my eyes.. if Ie ver go to NY, I lld efinetly stop here.

    I leaarned of your blog thru the commentyou left on mine. thank you for that and you really have a great blog!!

    i-nail-fun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I would just about die if I stumbled upon this! Die and go to nail art heaven!!! POLISH OVERLOAD!

    ReplyDelete
  15. kaderkismet, thanks for stopping by! Yes I found your blog over on Polish Insomniac - keep it up, girl!
    Simona, thanks for stopping by! Agree - total cash-only paradise :)
    RHOyal Fiasco, haha YES overload! It's almost too much to take in lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I actually stopped by the street fair today and found milani 3D holographics for $1 :] I picked up 3 of them plus to cremes, among other polishes

    ReplyDelete
  17. LizMarie, so cool, the 3D holos are a GREAT find! Glad your trip was so successful!

    ReplyDelete