Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Field Trip: Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics

 

Until last week, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics had only been available to non-industry professionals online. For years I've been ogling the beautiful swatches on your lovely blogs of the famous lip tars and nail polishes. You could only imagine my excitement when I learned that Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics was opening a flagship location in New York City on the Lower East Side!

Now open for business, I was like a kid in a candy store touching and feeling OCC products live and in person. Founder/creative genius David Klasfeld was on sight *excited noises!* I did, however, manage to keep it together and focus on shopping and learning about the products :)

The lips tars are everything I had hoped for and more! My boyfriend was stunned when he saw the color in the tube transfer to the back of my hand unaltered. Never had he (nor I) seen a lip product in a tube so pigmented. I love how lovely the lip tars look on display together.

 

The entire fall collection "Pretty Boy" was on display. Just look at those vivid blues and punchy pinks!

 

Of course, there were nail polishes to behold! The color selection can best be compared to a super saturated box of crayons. I'm surprised those neon polishes didn't create a lens flare :)

 

 

While compact in size (AKA standard for a NYC boutique), every inch the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics flagship location is inspiring. I do hope you visit the next time you are in New York, you will be quite pleased and (as I did) will probably buy many fun and colorful things!

Visit Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics' flagship location at 174 Ludlow Street. You can make your wishlist  at http://www.occmakeup.com/.

6 comments:

  1. WOW I love that first shelf of nail polish! I want every colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arghhhh *jumping around excitedly!* you've just given me another place to visit to add to my ever-growing list of where I want to go when I come to your neck of the woods! This looks so exciting....lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to go to NYC asap. All these places that you post of make me drool!!! Love it!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see a few polishes there that I'd grab if I were closer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hayley, wouldn't it be great to have a shelf like that to display polishes!
    Eugenia, it's so lovely and the people are also lovely and ever so helpful!
    Alexisaurus, OCC polishes ARE drool worthy!
    KarenD, this is the kind of place that you can't possibly go to without buying SOMETHING!
    CLM, they look amazing all lined up like that

    ReplyDelete