Friday, September 9, 2011

Fashion's Night Out 2011

Last night was the Fashion's Night Out! The streets and stores of New York City were filled with fabulous-ness and celebrity sightings were abundant (did you hear about the scene in Soho surrounding DASH?)

The first stop on my FNO tour was Sephora to pick up the Nails Inc special edition polish called FNO. I arrived at the 58th and Lex location just before the Hello Kitty crowd started filing in (yes, Hello Kitty was making a guest appearance) and was able to purchase the metallic grey-blue polish and get out painlessly. I'm very excited about this shade as it's my first Nails Inc and look forward to getting it on my nails!


Our next stop was the Meatpacking District. As we arrived at the Color Club Mobile Color Bar (around 8ish), it was actually in the process of closing. The rep apologized and said they had to leave. In the short time I was there, I saw an excited and good sized crowd gathered around the truck, so I'm happy to see their event was successful even if it did have to end early.


The atmosphere around Chelsea Market was electric. It seemed everyone wore their best outfit and I was actually was self-conscious that I wasn't rocking stilettos! My boyfriend and I visited Anthropologie and All Saints, and both stores had live music. The feeling was like being in a club, except for the bright store lighting.


What I love about Fashion's Night Out is the businesses and vendors make an extra effort to treat all guests as celebrities. Set up in the middle of the street, Shop Bop was broadcasting live FNO coverage and interviewing guests red-carpet style. In the stores, employees greeted you in a way that felt like they were thanking you for coming.


We ended our night by walking through the West Village. The line for the Marc Jacobs store was the longest I've ever seen, even longer than the lines for the accessory store back in the day. There was also some kind of Barbie double decker bus driving around. Even though the West Village is not easy to navigate, we found the Teen Vogue block party and saw girls getting Essie manicures.


I was pleased to see so much exposure for nail polish brands this year! For more FNO fabulous-ness, check out http://ny.racked.com/. Fellow NYC blogger Carly from Lacquered Lover posted about FNO, read about her night here.

Did you attend any Fashion's Night Out events in NYC or any other city? I'd love to hear about what you saw!

14 comments:

  1. wow a special polish for the event!! I am impressed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am jealous of your new Nails Inc! I am addicted and already own 20 bottles with a UK friend finding more for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Une Ruxi, yes how great is that! I love products created for events :)
    Fingers, wow 20? That's dedication! This is my first :)
    Fashion Footing, it was a great time and there were so many events to see!
    imfeelingnail-venturous, happy to share this with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that polish! So fun!
    I missed all FNO events because I was on a plane home. :(
    Next time I will plan better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun! I just tried my first Nails Inc polish and loved it. That shade looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh....you lucky, lucky girl to live in New York and be able to be a part of this experience!!! I'm green (and red, blue, nude, taupe....heck, every colour of the rainbow!) with envy, but so happy for you!! As to that Nails Inc shade...wow!! Love it! Can't wait to see the swatches! Is it available anywhere else now? Gotta have that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adiel, you should stay for it next year :) Katie, I can't wait to share pictures of this shade! What Nails Inc did you choose? Eugenia, I'm so happy to share the pictures and stories with you! Not sure if the Nails Inc is going to be available elsewhere :/ I'm excited to try this shade out and will post pics soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Amy, I stumbled across your blog two days ago, and I just haven't been the same since! I live two hours south of San Francisco and have visited NYC twice in my life. I fell head over heels in love with your amazing city, and when I found your blog, I just about cried. :o) Now I can follow nail polish (my latest obsession) and see and read about your great city, even though it is like a knife to the heart every time! keep up the great blog-it is my lifeline to the City!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi illustratedlady, I'm so glad you found Gotham Polish!!! It really makes me happy to hear that you are enjoying it, I will certainly keep sharing pictures of fun things around the city :) And when you come back to NYC you will be super prepared to shop for polish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Amy, Just thought I'd let you know I blogged about your blog today. Here is the link: http://thingsiloveatthemoment.blogspot.com/2011/09/this-could-be-called-rant-if-it-wasnt.html#links

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, just wanted to let you know, I was VERY excited that Sephora has extended their nail polish line and now sells NAILS. INC! Just in case you didn't know. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! Thanks for thinking of me :) It's awesome they are available now in Sephora - and Ciate is coming soon too!

      Delete