Sunday, September 4, 2011

China Glaze Skyscraper Takes Glitter to New Heights

 
Two kinds of 'Skyscrapers' as seen from the High Line

China Glaze "Skyscraper" is the knock-out blue glitter polish from this fall's Metro collection. The name of this shade is right on - this polish dazzles just like the city lights at dusk :)

 

Say goodbye to layer after layer of glitter polishes of the past - seen below, this is just (2) coats of "Skyscraper"! The glitter pieces are suspended in the cool blue jelly and the balance of color and glitter is perfect. Because the blue is thin, the silver glitter takes on a range of color. Like looking down into water, as the glitter gets deeper, so does the color. I'm excited about this kind of glitter polish and am looking forward to more like it!


Did you pick up this beauty from the Metro collection? If you're located in Manhattan, I saw the Metro collection (and a large selection of China Glaze polishes) at Beauty Plus Salon on Broadway between 96th and 97th.

Product(s) in this post were provided for review. Read my disclosure policy here.

20 comments:

  1. Wow, great pictures!! Really ♥ them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for the Metro collection hither and yon! How much does a bottle of CG go for at Beauty Plus?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim and imfeelingnail-venturous, thanks this polish was SO photogenic :)
    Hi Lauren, China Glaze polishes are $5.95 at Beauty Plus
    gnoma, it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This polish looks awesome! I really enjoyed the two pics of the polish against actual skyscrapers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought this one and I can't wait for it to arrive! It's just stunning <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. great pix, love the first one taken from the High LIne :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hands are so delicate and lovely! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. GAH, I need this so badly, its super gorgeous!! I really like that night skyline pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! I love blue glitter polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of the only CG fall polishes I got and it's gorgeous! As are your pics! I love the high line, it's right by my apt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Traci, China Glaze gave us a good one here ;)
    Katie, not many polishes can sparkle next to the skyline!
    Elsa, ooo how exciting you'll love it!
    Maryam, Highline + China Glaze, what could be better?
    Thanks Loodie! Funny how rarely my right hand gets love on this blog lol
    Sandra, thanks!
    Fiona, uh oh another one for your wish list hehe
    BMR, I'll take a dozen more like this
    Madeline, what is is about blue glitter that makes them so lovely?!
    Carly, ooo how are you not tempted to eat at Chelsea Market every day of your life lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Catching up with my blog reading--love your city shots with this polish! I haven't gotten this one yet but it's on my list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. :D:) Lovely pictures and nails. :) Thank you for visit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, you're welcome, and thank YOU for stopping by too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful :>
    I don't follow collections, and I didn't know this shade, but now I'm in love with it *_*

    ReplyDelete