Friday, June 24, 2011

Top Ten Beauty Products and Blog Love

Top Ten Beauty Products

I was tagged with the Top Ten award by Abby from Lovely in Lacquer, Une Ruxi à Paris, Fiona from Ha Bisky! Nails, Ina from My Nail Polish Online, and *UPDATE* Good Lack, Nail!. Recently, I was also tagged by Liz from the Beauty Reductionista and *UPDATE* Varnish Me Up for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you so much for thinking of me! For this tag, I am to list my top ten cosmetics and tag ten blogs in return.

While I was asking myself “How will I ever pick ten of my favorite beauty products”, it struck me that I should pick the products I reach for every day! In no particular order, here are my picks:

Carmex Lip Balm
I’ve tried many lip balm products over the years and once I tried Carmex, I stopped looking! This lip balm really moisturizes and doesn’t simply make your lips slick and slimy like other lip products.

Cover Girl Lash Blast Luxe in Black Platinum (mascara)
The Last Blast wand is fabulous. This mascara has a little sparkle to it (no, it’s not tacky, I promise!) and doesn’t cause any funky clumping. While there are a few other mascaras floating around my makeup drawer, this is my go-to.

Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter
After using Lemony Flutter, I remember thinking that having great looking cuticles was possible, and that I bet I could take care of my nails better, then because of the nice cuticles and nails, enter nail polish…

MAC Cute-ster (lipstick)
I’m not a lipstick/lipgloss person but I love MAC Cute-ster. It applies smoothly like a lipstick and has the look of a lipgloss! Perfect, too bad it's LE :(

MAC Expensive Pink (eye shadow)
This deep gold and peach eye shadow is my favorite shadow to use when I'm going to work but want to add a little color. This is a super unique color that looks great in the crease with browns or all over the lid.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (powder)
I use this product every day, either over a liquid foundation or alone as a powder foundation. It evens out my skintone and doesn't leave that undesirable "powdery" finish.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Petticoat (blush)
This rosey pink blush has the amazing mineralize shimmer to it. I love how it makes my complexion glow!

Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen (eyeliner pen)
I can achieve the jet-black line of a liquid eyeliner quickly and mess-free. This product last a long time and is on par with the more expensive eyeliner pens I’ve tried.

Stila Wheat (eyeshadow)
Wheat is a shimmery taupe eyeshadow. This is the most-worn eye shadow in my collection that I would wear everyday if my other eye shadows didn’t make me feel guilty when I ignore them.

Too Faced Shadow Insurance (eye shadow primer)
TFSI is a great eye shadow primer. As you know it’s comparable to UDPP, however I prefer TFSI because of the tube. I recently bought the giant UDPP, but the nozzle broke off after only a few uses L I am still able to get product out, but over time it has thickened significantly.


Here are the bloggers I would like to pass this award along to! I just want to say that I've discovered so many great blogs through these award tags, so I hope some of these blogs are new to you and that you'll check them out.

AccroPolish - Two Swiss sisters share their polishes and their art - this blog is growing like wildfire!

Dizzy Nails - Lauren creates fresh combinations of colors using anything in her stash from crackles to glitters.

gnoma - I love this Italian blogger's "snap shot" style pictures and valuable, concise reviews.

Hedonism, Limited - This is a newish blog to me! Nola's pictures and nails are first class.

Here Comes the Sun - I love the designs Hayley shares, as well as the flowers in her garden!

loodie loodie loodie - I've learned so much from Anna about nail products. Even if you think you know a lot, head on over to her blog and I bet you'll still read something new :)

Nail Corner - this Finnish blogger maximizes the real estate on her beautiful long nails, bringing us awesome manicures like this ocean wave design.

Nail Polish Art Addiction - get your creative on and enter Leslie's nail art contests, or be inspired by her amazing creations!

Ommorphia Beauty Bar - Eugenia's nail polish and makeup reviews are thorough and her pictures are top notch.

The Phalanges Files - Files and files of great polish pictures and reviews!

*phew* Now you have plenty of blogs to read this weekend if you were needing some! :)

14 comments:

  1. AW!!! Thanks for thinking of my Amy! I appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you on the TFSI vs. UDPP thing. I really prefer Too Faced!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your comment! ;)
    Awww.I love nailpolish ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. these could be my favourites as well! great choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for tagging me! :)

    Some of the blogs you mentioned are new to me, but I will happily take a look. Never too many cool blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks GUUURRL!! At my rate I might have this up in a year lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the mention and doing the tag! I knew you were tagged for Versatile before but I wanted to give you a shoutout since I love your blog. :) I love seeing people's fave products and have been on the fence about MAC MSFs forever, so this post just gave me a slight nudge in that direction!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the mention, I didn't realize so many other people had tagged you as well!
    I still need to try Lemony Flutter!! :) I wish there was a Lush store near me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Amy....thanks so much for tagging me! I must confess that filtering everything I have and condensing down to 10 products is a challenge, but I'm up for it! Did I tell you lately how much I love your insanely creative posts? And don't even get me started on your cartoons......!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're welcome everyone!!! Have fun doing the 10 product list, it IS challenging lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blah I feel like I'm the only person on the planet that doesn't like Carmex. I can't stand the smell haha. But I do love Covergirl Lashblast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! What a surprise! Thank you for your tag to my blog, I'm very happy about it! ^____^

    ReplyDelete
  13. very good article that reminds me grabbing a few months to buysome very good products online at www.febstore.com and I camequickly and without problems

    ReplyDelete