Tuesday, June 14, 2011

An Essie Polish the Color of the Caribbean Sea

Aruba Snorkeling Polish
I think my polishes are having trouble accepting they don't have arms and legs.

The blues and greens of the Caribbean sea are the most beautiful and soothing colors to gaze at. Does being closer to the Equator have a way of making us see colors more vividly? Maybe it's the stark contrast to the murky East River I'm accustomed to ... whatever the reason, I love every color I saw in Aruba - on land and in the sea :)

You can wear the Caribbean sea on your nails with Essie's "Turquoise and Caicos". This blue-green polish perfectly captures the alluring tropical waters in 0.5 ounces (wasn't that a Mad Men-esque pitch?).

Essie Turquoise and Caicos

13 comments:

  1. Love this color, gotta pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eep! I'm lemming this so bad already, WHEN WILL IT BE MIIIINE? Your pic of it is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty turquoise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look forward to your little comics. :P And I adore this color. I've been eyeing it for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has been on my wishlist forever. I really have to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color of this polish but the formula makes me very frustrated. I find it needs at least 4 coats to be opaque and then it NEVER dries!! Ugh, so maddening!! Its still a gorgeous color though! I think Orly Gumdrop is similar enough for me but with a better formula! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very beautiful color, perfect for summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. :D Nice one!
    I like the colour a lot! And I looove the sea.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love...did I mention love?! this colour! I picked it up last year and alternated between this one and Chanel's Nouvelle Vague -- can never have enough turquoise! Your swatch makes it look absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. caneriva, Laura, and A Polished Touch - this one is available lots of places now that Essie is being sold in drug stores! Hopefully it will be around for a long time!
    Vijii, it is... I highly recommend it!
    Thanks Liz, Alice, and Cristina!
    Fiona, I used a ridge-filling base coat which helped with the opacity.
    Thanks, Eugenia! These colors photograph well for me for some reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. perfect match to the water!
    I love the color of this but hated the application

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in love with this colour!!! Absolutely perfect... Simple, clear, beautiful :)

    Greeting from Czech republic :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nicnacksnails, I agree this one is a little thin, but I used a milky ridgefiller underneath and that seemed to help a lot.
    Jitulka, welcome!!!

    ReplyDelete