Monday, April 18, 2011

Ricky's NYC has a Wall of Nail Polish

Ricky's NYC

Ricky's NYC is one of my favorite nail polish sources in New York City. Perhaps it's because I love to arrange things in color order, but I just love admiring the wall of nail polishes filled with Essie, OPI, Orly, Butter London, and house brand Mattese Elite. I would say Ricky's has the biggest variety and selection of OPI in New York City, from older colors to the latest displays. I was able to find Black Shatter here back when it first was released. The fun doesn't stop at nail polish - you can find various hair products & accessories, skin care, and makeup!

From their website: "An edgy, ultra-hip "beauty shop" specializing in unique fashion accessories, cosmetics, and beauty supplies, Ricky's NYC has been a part of New York's urban chic culture for nearly two decades."


Ricky's Wall of Polish
Look out this amazing (low quality picture of the) NAIL POLISH WALL!!! 

There are Ricky's locations all over New York City - best to use the store locator to find the one closest to you (I think I counted 23 locations on the map in NYC). There's also one in NJ and one in Miami! One of my favorite locations is the store at 74th and Second - it's simply huge. I've also found the staff is very helpful as well at this and other locations.

Even if you aren't planning to be in New York City anytime soon, thank goodness for the internet. You can shop and browse at http://www.rickysnyc.com/ any time :)

7 comments:

  1. Sounds incredibly awesome. I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to get me out of the store once I arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello lucky! Do you find any hard to finds here? That place is amazing. I seriously have dreams about places like that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, I like Ricky's :) The prices kill me a bit, though :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lacquer Ware, lol you would def close the place!
    Rikki, no hard to finds specifically, but you can find random old OPIs and Essies.
    Cilucia, did you join the beauty club? Sometimes I'll get emails!
    Leslie, def check out their website!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say that looks just about like heaven. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yah... especially with those little orange 99 cents stickers...

    ReplyDelete